This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for Fun: Donald Trump as every supernatural splat

In a spirit of light hearted fun lets see how we could fit Donald Trump into every single splat. I shall get the ball rolling. (I don't think it needs to be said, but feel free to present your own interpretations of splats I or someone else already did.)

Lets make the WoD great again.

Vampire: Donald Trump is a Carthian Mekhet

Mekhet you say? Not a Gangrel?

Think about Donald Trump purely from the view of his prey, the political machine. He was always there, behind the scenes, a big name donor. But he was always a distant figure, a phone call at donation time and a bit later, he calls you for a favour. It's been years since you thought about him, then you blink, and suddenly he's right there, fangs around your throat.

Trump's political campaign is The One You Didn't See.

And yes, it's also the One You Can't Kill; but translating the Mekhet's sobriquet to politics works a lot better than the very physical Gangrel's in my opinion.

As for the Carthians, it goes without saying. He's leading a populist revolt against the Republican establishment, he's a hugely successful rebel, and he's probably going to make a huge mess of everything if he ever becomes the establishment.

Mage: Donald Trump is a Mastigos Libertine

As a Mastigos Donald Trump sees and exploits minds and flaws. For this version of Trump the theories that he is a master manipulator are completely true, but he also works on a grander scale: seeing and exploring the flaws in the Republican Party.

As a Libertine… well. Viewed through the lenses of hubris “Humanity is magical” transforms from a celebration of sleeper cultures into “my sleeper culture is magical. Not those foreign sleepers”.

Democracy Seeks the Truth transforms from a belief in debate, consensus seeking, compromise and giving everyone a voice into naked populism. Whatever the people vote for must be true and moral, and with enough campaigning and propaganda they will vote for ME!

Destroy the Followers of the Lie… Trump has a violent rhetoric, but the incumbent Democratic presidency is busy performing assassinations via drone... I'll just play this one safe and just say 2/3 is bad enough.

Geist: Donald Trump is a Stricken Paragon

(Note: Paragon's are a homebrew archetype I wrote a long time ago. Short version, their thing is being community leaders – a politician fits nicely).

They were dead. The American isolationists, the labour movement, the followers of the old ideas, they were all dead, killed by the neoliberal consensus. Politicians placed flowers on their graves in exchange for votes, and then they ignored the dead.

Trump saw what no one else could, he saw the beauty and power in death. It was a superficial and patchwork vision, but it was enough. His words were sweet poison and the dead, so eager for anything with life's sweetness drunk deep. Trump bound them to him, he created an army of the dead and set forth to conquer the living.

Beast: Donald Trump is a Makara Tyrant

The establishment politicians and hangers on are out of their depth. Why are people cheering for insults that cross the line? What are these memes on twitter? There's violence at political rallies?! We cannot survive in this environment!

There was gold in the water, the promise of votes and power. Every step out to sea seemed small and inconsequential. A Democrat calls Republicans fundie creationists here. A Republican has lunch with Rush Limbaugh there. Pander to your base a little, got one small step further than the other guy, get a few extra votes, another drop of power. Walk further out to sea, don't notice the widening gulf between two Americas until the water closes over your head. And there's something else, something horrific, something native to these waters. It thrives in this environment, and you're in it's power now.

The Heroes should have seen it coming. They should have warned us. But Heroes don't do that any more. Even as we struggles to swim back to shore they shout to swim deeper, swords drawn, attacking a Trump rally is a grand dramatic act. If it gives him more votes, Heroes rarely see the flaws in their own plan.

Genius: Donald Trump is a Director

(I can't think of any strong leaning to one Catalyst or another. Though his petty grudges somewhat suggest a Neid).

It should have been impossible because it is impossible. A political campaign based on obvious lies, obvious contradictions, bluster and with no actual policies, all targeting a demographic who traditionally had little political influence. It is impossible, but Donald Trump is a Genius, he could see what nobody else could see, a way to make it work beyond any politician's wildest dreams.

And yet he is mad. He is driven by pathological ambition, and like most mad geniuses he is destined to see his own creation turn upon him. Maybe not yet, but soon, not later than after election day. He has built a Wondrous political campaign, but his own campaign and image will surely cripple him as president through all the enemies it makes. If he looses he will be unable to contain the response from his followers, and the genie is out the bottle. Not even Trump can predict what the Republican party will look like when the 2020 election comes around.

Princess: Donald Trump is a Grace of Mirrors

Monumental ego: Check.

Overly simplistic world-view: Check

Grandiose promises with no strategy for fulfilment: Check.

Probably will lead his followers into tragedy if no one stops him: Check

Self editing memory and warped perceptions: Check

Childish temper tantrums: Check.

Leviathan: Donald Trump is a Thalassan following the School of the Sun

Beyond the realms of human knowledge are creatures so alien and terrible that to even understand their nature is to abandon all sanity. When they emerge from the Depth madness follows in their Wake.

Donald Trump is one such creature. When the stars and political climate were right he emerged, towering over an unsuspecting political establishment. The success of his campaign is as incomprehensible as the non-ecludian architecture of R'lyeh. His very existence warped and deformed the political landscape until all of it orbited him. His campaign speaks to people through the primordial lizard brain, and when it does voters revert to the ideologies and interest groups of a bygone era. Even Trump's enemies are affected, and are dragged down to his level. Once unthinkable, violence now looms over the democratic process.

Trump himself does not even need to do much. His existence and presence alone are enough. Wherever he goes, primordial chaos and savagery follow in his Wake.

Vote Trumpulhu in 2016! Why settle for a lesser evil?
    Last edited by The Kings Raven; 06-16-2016, 08:06 PM.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
    My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
    Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

He is a Changeling Beast who has made the ultimate gamble: becoming President of America throght a very powerful ( and very foolish) spell of Wyrd Sorcery. He is convinced once he gets himself in the White House he will be in position to furfil his ultimate goal: turning America in one giant Freehold and building a giant wall in the Hedge to keep the Others away.

To say this isn't going to end well is the understandment of the century.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 06-10-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hunter: A member of the Barrett Commission kept aboard to act as a loud obnoxious target to draw vampire attention away from the important stuff that didn't realize what he was supposed to be.

Comment

Abyssal spawn.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

The Don isn't a Libertine. He's all Seer. Probably in a former Mammonite who moved to Hegemonic to climb the ladder.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

I just can't see Donald as a Seer. He's too arrogant to serve anyone, even gods.

I was able to connect him very strongly to two of the Libertine Creeds. Could you do the same to the Seer's beleifs?

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
            Hunter: A member of the Barrett Commission kept aboard to act as a loud obnoxious target to draw vampire attention away from the important stuff that didn't realize what he was supposed to be.
            You know. A game where you play the Geniuses, Hunter Conspiracy, Mages, Mummies, or Leviathans who created Donald Trump as a pawn and are now frantically trying to get your hands back on the reigns would be a great game.

I'd probably go for Genius myself. "I have created a monster!" is pure mad scientist in my book.
            Last edited by The Kings Raven; 06-10-2016, 05:23 PM.

Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Donald Trump as a Mnemosyne.

Let's see what fits for him. Manipulating people through hate? Craving and corrupting every luxury it receives? Is bound to ruin everything he touches?

Check, Check, and CHECK. The only difference between Trump and other Mnemosyne is that he's VERY much out in the open, and too big or powerful for Princesses (I'm not counting Storms at the moment) to simply destroy and get it done with. They'd need to diffuse him and everything he's touched like a bomb with too many wires. He most definitely has the Confudendum (twisting senses and darkening minds, especially using the "Scapegoat" power) and Tentendum (exploitation of Vice, in this case it's bigotry or racism) lines of Calignes.

Though unlikely, I could also see him as a Cataphractoi instead. Very little changes on him, except that he has the Umbra Infectious Hate.

Currently Doing: Siren the Drowning (Fansplat Ressurection) http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-resurrection

Comment

Donald Trump as an Iron master Elodoth.

The donald is nothing if not a con artist, and what is a con artist if not a social predator that preys upon the weak, desperate, greedy and stupid among men?

And make no mistake, this election is a sacerd hunt for Trump and his pack and what are they hunting you ask? Why the spirit of the American right wing itself. Don't be too surprised, after all he used to be a liberal who was friends with clinton... sure he uses racism to achieve his goals, as he did when trying to stop new york's native american tribes from getting gambling rights that would hurt his casnios, but he doesn't really believe any of it. See, Trump and his pack know their going to lose the election, and that's the plan, for when Trump loses his angry supporters aren't going to take that well and will, if all goes to plan, commit an act of domestic terrorism that outperforms OK city and the world trde center. The resulting backlash will discredit and destroy the right wing in america, weakning the it's spirit to the point where trump can finish it off... and that leads to phase two of the plan.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                  Mage: Donald Trump is a Mastigos Libertine

As a Mastigos Donald Trump sees and exploits minds and flaws. For this version of Trump the theories that he is a master manipulator are completely true, but he also works on a grander scale: seeing and exploring the flaws in the Republican Party.

As a Libertine… well. Viewed through the lenses of hubris “Humanity is magical” transforms from a celebration of sleeper cultures into “my sleeper culture is magical. Not those foreign sleepers”.

Democracy Seeks the Truth transforms from a belief in debate, consensus seeking, compromise and giving everyone a voice into naked populism. Whatever the people vote for must be true and moral, and with enough campaigning and propaganda they will vote for ME!

Destroy the Followers of the Lie… Trump has a violent rhetoric, but the incumbent Democratic presidency is busy performing assassinations via drone... I'll just play this one safe and just say 2/3 is bad enough.
                  This is brilliant, and yet, not quite there. I'm not sure the Path pick is correct; I'm actually inclined towards Thyrsus. But Trump's Techne is definitely the Republican party. That he's a Libertine? That seems obvious to me. He's installing his own Symbol into the Supernal and it's called Trump.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                  An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                  Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Dhonal, Keeper of the Broken Monolith, is a Falcon-Headed Tef-Aabi guildmaster, in charge of an ambitious project to create a grand architecture to dam the Heka flow within the continental United States.
                    Unfortunately, he's not been terribly good at keeping up with the times and doesn't quite grasp that America does not, in fact, have access to the slave army that would be required to bring his project to fruition.

Comment

I can't believe I didn't think of Tef-Aabi. I'm going to give that a full write up the slave army part is brilliant.

Donald Trump is a Falcon-Headed Father of Idols

Have you looked at Donald Trump's campaign and thought this guy's views are a bit... outdated? Have you wondered why a man who's life seems to be spent building grandiose towers and golf courses at the expense of good business sense would want to be a politician? How come someone someone running for candidacy of a very religious party didn't take the time to memorise a few bible quotes.

Trump's doing a good job of hiding it, but he's a lot more outdated than anyone thinks. This Falcon Headed Mummy is leading a rushed, energetic, campaign for the presidency with one singular purpose. One key promise to the public that before all others he will fufill. A promise to give the public jobs, after all it's easy to give people jobs if you don't realize that modern people think jobs need to include wages.

Seeing how the public reacts when Trump attempts to turn the unemployed into a slave army to build large pointless monuments will be... interesting.

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
                      This is brilliant, and yet, not quite there. I'm not sure the Path pick is correct; I'm actually inclined towards Thyrsus.
                      I'm curious, why Thyrsus?

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                        I'm curious, why Thyrsus?
                        Mastigos feels too direct, oddly enough. I was at a lecture/talk thing recently where it was pointed out that Trump's polling leads are built off dominance bids. Mastigos are all about transgression and confrontation, but they're also about psychonautics and I feel that Trump breaks away from that a bit too hard. Whereas "The Wall" and "I'm a deal maker" sounds a lot like boundaries and intercession, and the pure abandon with which he goes at things seems more of an Ecstatic/Shaman kind of thing.

Also, I tend to favor interpretations of Trump that help people recognize that he's genuinely seen as a positive thing by a not-insignificant group of people. Master Manipulator Mastigos gives a puppetmaster vibe, to me, whereas Thyrsus makes it more clear to me that he's actually just cultivating something that was already pretty rampant as is. (I mean, I know you said exploiting existing weaknesses, but these people would not see their xenophobia, etc. as weaknesses.)

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                        An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                        Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Very well argued.

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
                          Also, I tend to favor interpretations of Trump that help people recognize that he's genuinely seen as a positive thing by a not-insignificant group of people.
                          Oh, me too, when we're talking about the real life Trump. For fictional Trumps it depends on the story I want to tell.

Comment

Can we do Hillary Clinton next?

Trump: As one of the Possessed, his Demon is one of Pride, but he has full dots in Pride, Lust, Greed, Wrath, and Envy.

Comment

I don't know enough about Hillary, and she doesn't strike me as having such strongly defined traits to build of in the way Trump does.

But if you have ideas, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X