Dark Eras Companion - Open Development

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras Companion - Open Development

Is there any chance of us seeing any previews for the Eras in the Companion? We had quite a few blog posts while the base book was in the works.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Matt and Dave both opined that the Year Without a Summer Promethean Era (I think) was the best of any of the Eras.

Also, I added really cool stuff to the Cleopatra Mummy Era. Like skeletons of sandworms and blood-bathing immortals

Comment

Personally, and completely objective and unbiased, I think the best Era is quite obviously Forsaken by Rome.
      <.<
      >.>

It helps if you like Uratha and mothers and strange bedfellows.

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
      Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
        Matt and Dave both opined that the Year Without a Summer Promethean Era (I think) was the best of any of the Eras.

Also, I added really cool stuff to the Cleopatra Mummy Era. Like skeletons of sandworms and blood-bathing immortals
        You got me at the last sentence. Sandworms? As in a la Dune?

Also, I'm really interested in seeing your conversion for the Blood-Bathers.

Originally posted by nikink View Post
        Personally, and completely objective and unbiased, I think the best Era is quite obviously Forsaken by Rome.
        <.<
        >.>

It helps if you like Uratha and mothers and strange bedfellows.
        Okay, now I'm curious.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

The sandworm cameo is cool, but it's not like the elevator pitch for the chapter so don't get your hopes up

Comment

Some of the people who write for Forsaken assure me that Rome will be hype.

I'm looking forward to the Russian Revolution and Cleopatran settings, myself.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Female pronouns, please.

Comment

I really hope that the Black Death would be as terrifying and macabre as I imagine. It could easily be the favorite Era in the book or my biggest let down. Does anyone knows who is working on it?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                I really hope that the Black Death would be as terrifying and macabre as I imagine. It could easily be the favorite Era in the book or my biggest let down. Does anyone knows who is working on it?
                I'm still curious if it's a Promethean/Vampire crossover like it was in the polls or not.

Comment

The one I'm certainly curious about is Russian Revolution Demon, simply beacause I'm always wondering about how the writers dealing with that time period approach it, with so many different angles to it that could be presented.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                    I'm still curious if it's a Promethean/Vampire crossover like it was in the polls or not.
                    I can totally envision running a campaign in the Dust Bowl, but the Era I'm looking forward to the most for Vampire and Promethean is the Black Death one, so I hope it is still a crossover one

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                      I can totally envision running a campaign in the Dust Bowl, but the Era I'm looking forward to the most for Vampire and Promethean is the Black Death one, so I hope it is still a crossover one
                      It is. I recall there was a minor kerfuful when Rich revealed it was Vampire Black Death, but the sponsor of the chapter verified with him that it is still both.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World, Wild Hunt

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I'm curious how the Black Death will be different from Requiem for Regina since the latter does have segments on plague and inquisitorial stuff.

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
                        Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

Originally posted by xenoterracide View Post
                          I'm curious how the Black Death will be different from Requiem for Regina since the latter does have segments on plague and inquisitorial stuff.
                          I suspect it will be much more multinational than Requiem for Regina.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World, Wild Hunt

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by xenoterracide View Post
                            All it has to do is update the Morbus for me to be happy.

Comment

I think Rose confirmed there will be a Morbus update.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

Working...
                              X