Stranger Things = CofD: Innocents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stranger Things = CofD: Innocents

See yourself - it looks like Innocents book made motion picture!

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

It was great, very much like what I would want in a CofD game.

Offense is rarely given, but often taken.

Comment

It's a crossover between Hunter, Innocents, Deviant, and almost included a Genius.

Joyce started mortal and was turning into a Genius until other characters started to believe her and pulled her back from the brink. Then she was a Hunter.
      Eleven is obviously a Deviant.
      Will is a mortal until the epilogue. After that, who knows.
      The Department of Energy was either a Tier 2 Hunter Conspiracy* or a small isolated outpost of a larger Conspiracy.
      Hopper either started as a Hunter or became one, I think he was a Hunter in his big-city cop days and that's why he can do things like break into a government lab.
      The rest of the main characters remained as mortals or became Hunters.

* Using the definition that top down organisation = Conspiracy, bottom up organisation = Compact.
      Last edited by The Kings Raven; 08-18-2016, 04:10 AM.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
      My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
      Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
        It's a crossover between Hunter, Innocents, Deviant, and almost included a Genius.
        Best description of it, really.

Comment

I'm ended episode 3, but thinking on strangeness of series setting...

At least for now, 'Monster' seams to be as some kind of Spirit or Spirit-related being that jumps between Material World and Shadow Realm.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-29-2016, 10:59 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

Such a great show. And definitely a great inspiration for a WoD and/or ChroD game.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoDefenestrate View Post

Best description of it, really.
              Once Deviant's open development gets rolling in earnest, I'm adding Eleven to my list of inspirational characters to stat out.

She's actually pretty easy, all told.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

For those more interested in Shadow Realm interpretation of series - we have a topic on that in Werewolf forum.

Comment

This is quintessential Cell-Tier hunter stuff for me. A cop who's in too deep and a mother who wants to rescue her child. I think I may have literally run that game at some point.

Exalted is an aesthetic.

Comment

The Upside-Down seemed almost like a stripped down, homebrewed version of the Hedge, and both Eleven and (particularly) Will's relation to the other side strike me as thematically very similar to Changeling.

That said, the interpretations other people threw out there seem spot-on. Eleven sounds like a textbook version of what's planned for Deviant, and the conflict between the DoE and Hopper are exactly what I picture when I envision conflicts between Tier 1 and Tier 2/3 Hunter groups.
                    Last edited by dxanders; 09-12-2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I thought it felt a bit Changeling or Beast at points.

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
                      Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

I still go with Upside Down as Shadow Realm more than Hedge. One of main features of Shadow is that it is predatory, Silent Hill-esque dimension. Hedge is MUCH more fantastical, much less survivor of fitest than this. And Shadow ecology perfectly anawer final of show season. ( See link in my post few above for that. )

Comment

Originally posted by dxanders View Post
                          The Upside-Down seemed almost like a stripped down, homebrewed version of the Hedge, and both Eleven and (particularly) Will's relation to the other side strike me as thematically very similar to Changeling.
                          I'm a bit late to the party, but yeah, I totally got more of a Hedge vibe than a Shadow vibe. Especially after the new preview of the Hedge section in 2e Changeling. The way Hawpe kept having flashbacks of his daughter was very reminiscent of the Hedge embodying the pain of those who visit. And then there was the fact that ordinary humans could just walk right in through the right gate, that's something that is normally not possible for the Shadow, but is pretty much one of the Hedge's defining features.

Of course, this interpretation would also make Will a Changeling and Joyce a Fae-Touched, which I strongly prefer over Joyce being a Genius and Will being... Uhh... Something. Heck, he even had a Fetch.
                          Last edited by Charlaquin; 09-28-2016, 03:19 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Now with Season 2 I can clearly say that Stranger Things 2 sold to me idea of Idigam as Werewolf: the Forsaken 2E main antagonist! So Upside Down as Shadow Realm is the fact now.

The vines and Demogorgon are part of the same alien parasite that clears Shadow Realm/Upside Down, spreading in it. If we assume that parasite is Coalescenced Idigam - it all makes sense! We even have Spawns and Herald of it in Season 2, like each good Idigam has!

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              Now with Season 2 I can clearly say that Stranger Things 2 sold to me idea of Idigam as Werewolf: the Forsaken 2E main antagonist! So http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/939700-stranger-things-series-as-shadow-realm-story"]Upside Down as Shadow Realm[/URL] is the fact now.

The vines and Demogorgon are part of the same alien parasite that clears Shadow Realm/Upside Down, spreading in it. If we assume that parasite is Coalescenced Idigam - it all makes sense! We even have Spawns and Herald of it in Season 2, like each good Idigam has!
                              I’m only more convinced it’s a Changeling story now (with a little bit of Deviant crossover).

Post-traumatic stress was a major theme of season 2, which has Changeling all over it. Will came back different, just as we would expect of a Changeling. True Sight would appear to be his Kith blessing. We get to see that the Demogorgon was not in fact his Keeper but a Hedge beast, his Keeper being the Mind Flayer. The Upside-Down bleeding over into physical space via the roots is just new Trods being made by the Demodog Hedge-beasts.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                              X