Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book: The Crossover Chronicle

From the 2016-2017 brochure:

For years, we’ve entertained fan requests for rules that allow different supernatural creatures to play in the same game. This year we’re pleased to announce that we’ll create a book that’s tentatively titled The Crossover Chronicle which will provide all the necessary rules to play within a setting designed around the idea that every single supernatural exists and they may be aware of all the others, too. This will be a massive undertaking never before attempted for the Chronicles of Darkness!

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Very, very curious.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I know when Beast came out they were saying that it was the first time crossover was supported, but it's hard to really follow when Chicago was one of the first books out and Three Shades of Night was about the three main supernaturals dealing with different facets of the same issue, often cooperatively. Plus everyone's had stereotypes and abilities or groups specifically about dealing with others since the start.

Perhaps it's more of a softball so that they can finish up the books that have been in development for a long time. Hurt Locker and Changeling and so forth.
      Last edited by nofather; 08-06-2016, 02:43 AM.

Comment

and that saves me making a "Black Sun Chronicles" thread. Exciting

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Man, I'd kill to be able to be a writer for that book. Regardless, definitely excited for it either way!

WoD: Sorcerer's Companion (M:tA)
          CofD: Second Sight: Third Eye (CofD), Crossing the Veil 2e (Co-developer, CofD), Borrowed Power (CofD), Blood Sorcery: Rites of Damnation (VtR), Ephemeral Influence (CofD)
          My Patreon!

Comment

This is the most excited about a product I've been in a very, very long time. Both of my groups only play crossover.

Comment

So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

It's also because I knew this was coming.

Chicago is for three of the gamelines. This will be for all eleven.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

I'm skeptic. I never was a fan of Crossovers, and I feel that for them to work, each splat would need to be written with Crossover in mind; this clashes a lot with current model of "each splat is designed as it's own island, sacrificing crossover levers to strengthen it's own thematic identity". This book would need a lot, lot of mechanical rebalancing to the splats.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                  So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

Makes sense. Who's the developer for it, if you can tell us at this point (that gets decided as soon as a pitch is approved, right)?

Originally posted by WHW View Post
                  I'm skeptic. I never was a fan of Crossovers, and I feel that for them to work, each splat would need to be written with Crossover in mind; this clashes a lot with current model of "each splat is designed as it's own island, sacrificing crossover levers to strengthen it's own thematic identity". This book would need a lot, lot of mechanical rebalancing to the splats.
                  I imagine it'll be like the smaller crossover sections in other books in that it'll go into how you need to decide on the theme, whether it's a mix or something entirely new, and it'll give suggestions for power balancing when needed. The advantage, of course, of a standalone book is 1) Those that don't like crossover don't have pages in another book they DO want "wasted", and 2) There's more room to go into everything and really dig in, rather than needing to compress it all into a single chapter or sub-section.

At any rate, on my own end, there's a large number of things I'm wondering about the product, but given it was just announced and the answer for 90% of them is likely "dunno yet", I'll just have to keep an ear out.

WoD: Sorcerer's Companion (M:tA)
                  CofD: Second Sight: Third Eye (CofD), Crossing the Veil 2e (Co-developer, CofD), Borrowed Power (CofD), Blood Sorcery: Rites of Damnation (VtR), Ephemeral Influence (CofD)
                  My Patreon!

Comment

I'm super-torn right now, because I don't entirely understand the goal of this product which I only know about from a brief paragraph in a brochure. It'll clarify a lot of detailed interactions between the game lines, but if I'm not excited by that minutia, I'm not sure why I should be interested. I guess I'm sort of missing what this adds to the world, versus what it provides more detail on, but right now I don't think there's anything that can be done to fix that.

Comment

Pitty it will come in 2017, as I would use it for my growing now Mage-Promethean crossover, but even then - interested in book. I like to make crossover plots in normal, 'pure' chronicles and this book will ease the pain of it.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So, here's my biggest question right now. Will this book have a settings chapter like the other Chronicles? And will it mean more Tokyo?

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

... or maybe one, big chapter on Tokyo with crossovers in mind?

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Honestly, I'd love an entire book on Tokyo at some point. But that (hopefully) is a topic for another thread.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post

I'm so excited for this I can practically run up a wall . Would love to be a playtester or apply to write for this. Would it be reasonable to assume that the remaining 2E books in writing & development would have to be finished first before the Crossover Chronicle can begin?

Comment

Working...
                              X