No announcement yet.

New book: The Crossover Chronicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance we will see some multi-splat characters?

Comment

Second Chances
      No matter how brilliant city write-ups are, books devoted to them are said not to sell very well. That's why folding them into other books is such a good idea. If there's ever a book devoted to Tokio, the Crossover Chronicle is it.

~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        Is there any chance we will see some multi-splat characters?
        Dear God I hope not. NWoD was vehemently against them, I assume CofD is as well. We may see examples like Strix Synthesis monstrosities or what happens when you make a Promethean using Changeling parts though.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
        Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
        He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
          So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

It's also because I knew this was coming.

Chicago is for three of the gamelines. This will be for all eleven.
          I look forward to seeing how this book will turn out Especially if we get all sorts of bizarre situations that stem from the interactions of different splats.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Dear God I hope not. NWoD was vehemently against them, I assume CofD is as well. We may see examples like Strix Synthesis monstrosities or what happens when you make a Promethean using Changeling parts though.
            Not so much, former wolf-blooded keep their tell, word of god is that demonblooded and stigmatics keep their old stuff except for any supernatural merits they might have chosen to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by StSword View Post

Not so much, former wolf-blooded keep their tell, word of god is that demonblooded and stigmatics keep their old stuff except for any supernatural merits they might have chosen to purchase.
              Subsplat mixing is fine and all, I'm talking about Werepires, Geistlings, Demagetheans, or Mummeasts. None of that please.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
              Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
              He/him pronouns, please

Comment

So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

I suppose some things might lend themselves to the crossover easier than others, like presumably Prometheans, Deviants and Alchemists or Geists with Werewolves or Mummies.
                Also as mentioned above, would be neat to see a Promethean made from changeling or fetch parts (Pinnochios?).

Comment

I'm hoping that the setting information we get is presented as options or theories; part of the fun of CofD is nobody knows everything and things are at times contradictory. Having a big book of definitive answers might hurt that. Stuff like Promethean 2e's sidebar on the relationship between God-Machine and Principle, albeit in much more depth, would be grand.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

I get that, and that's good, it was fun in books like Rites of Spring. It's just the idea that these things didn't exist before seems like a retcon, so to speak.

So it will contain Deviants and Mummy? And is it going to have a setting, like the Chicago book, or be more about 'how they see things and interact?'

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Subsplat mixing is fine and all, I'm talking about Werepires, Geistlings, Demagetheans, or Mummeasts. None of that please.
                      I dont know,some combinations could work well,i think werepires and changeling+Beasts would be fun

Comment

So what questions is everyone hoping to see answered?

I'm very curious about which Arcana combinations are needed to manipulate Pyros and Sekhem and to see if any ties are drawn between the similar natures of geists and the Deceived temakh. I'd also love to see what a Mage-centric view of things does to the relationship between the God-Machine and the Principle, as making the former a Fallen reflection of the Supernal (or possibly even Empyrean) latter seems fairly elegant.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Suddenly, my dream of doing a Dresden Files-style everything-and-the-kitchen-sink cross-over game is realized. 2017... Soon.

W:tR The Pack already confirmed that it's possible for werewolves to bring other supernaturals into their packs. Now I'm curious to know if there's similar reciprocity in other splats... and if this kind of "cultural exchange" nets you some neat little Merits.
                          Last edited by Haberdasher; 08-06-2016, 02:19 PM.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            I'm hoping that the setting information we get is presented as options or theories; part of the fun of CofD is nobody knows everything and things are at times contradictory. Having a big book of definitive answers might hurt that. Stuff like Promethean 2e's sidebar on the relationship between God-Machine and Principle, albeit in much more depth, would be grand.
                            yeah, I also hope for it to be less about "metaphysics" and more of a practical guide- I want the book to rise more questions than giving answers, creating all kinds of plot hooks and setting material which are open for interpretation together with elaborating how different supernaturals work together and against each other and giving mechanics which support those bonds which are formed during such interactions. Something that shows how each supernatural society operates when it is not in vacuum, both mechanically and setting wise.

And for anything which allows templates to stack together into creating a vampire-werewolf-mage-alchemist-deviant: kill it with fire.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I imagine it'll be less a massive setting books(Though, compilated Tokyo chapters with Demon in it, might be great) and more "Okay, let's answer the questions about what happens when worlds collide and then give you tools, both fluff and crunch, on how to make this malestrom magnificent."

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

I like the idea of this book. I'd kinda prefer it to wait until after Geist and Mummy get ported to 2e, though.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                                X