X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by reseru View Post
    Damn, another Kickstarter I'll end up spending $1000 on.

Well, Mummy expansions weren't that much but still
    Speak for yourself lol. The Canadian dollar had just tanked right before Dark Eras after being at parity with the USD. Exchange rate killed me. Worth every penny though.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Excited for this considering my group's setting has most of the supernatural population in the region join up with one of the local changeling courts.
    Last edited by milo v3; 08-06-2016, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• reseru
    replied
    Damn, another Kickstarter I'll end up spending $1000 on.

Well, Mummy expansions weren't that much but still

Leave a comment:

• YeOfLittleFaith
    replied
    I love crossover in my Chronicles of Darkness, and I am super excited for this. And a little bit wary. But mostly EXCITED. Dave you glorious conniver.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    So what questions is everyone hoping to see answered?
    I have whole topic on Mage-Promethean relations questions. ( More questions coming there also )

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I can't think of much off hand. My interest would primarily be in the werewolf section, and we've often got a lot of denials during first edition in regards to crossovers, with things not working, other spirits not being 'that kind' of spirit.

I asked a while ago whether Unfleshed and maybe even angels would be considered devices for use under the Gift of Technology, but Promethean seems to have answered that. It would be interesting to see if there was a link between the Vigil and the spirit of the hunt. Obviously hunters aren't all wolf-blooded but they're clearly not ordinary people and the game seems to overlap massively with the concept of the hunt brought forward by werewolf.

My secondary interest would be in vampire. The obvious things would be what does that other game taste like, if their blood offers anything special, and whether or not they could be ghouled.

It would be nice to see a return of ghost fetishes, perhaps with the addition of angel or even rarer qashmallim ones. Or strange Gifts from such beings or Lodges revolving around them.
    Last edited by nofather; 08-06-2016, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    I like the idea of this book. I'd kinda prefer it to wait until after Geist and Mummy get ported to 2e, though.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    I imagine it'll be less a massive setting books(Though, compilated Tokyo chapters with Demon in it, might be great) and more "Okay, let's answer the questions about what happens when worlds collide and then give you tools, both fluff and crunch, on how to make this malestrom magnificent."

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    I'm hoping that the setting information we get is presented as options or theories; part of the fun of CofD is nobody knows everything and things are at times contradictory. Having a big book of definitive answers might hurt that. Stuff like Promethean 2e's sidebar on the relationship between God-Machine and Principle, albeit in much more depth, would be grand.
    yeah, I also hope for it to be less about "metaphysics" and more of a practical guide- I want the book to rise more questions than giving answers, creating all kinds of plot hooks and setting material which are open for interpretation together with elaborating how different supernaturals work together and against each other and giving mechanics which support those bonds which are formed during such interactions. Something that shows how each supernatural society operates when it is not in vacuum, both mechanically and setting wise.

And for anything which allows templates to stack together into creating a vampire-werewolf-mage-alchemist-deviant: kill it with fire.

Leave a comment:

• Haberdasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

It's also because I knew this was coming.

Chicago is for three of the gamelines. This will be for all eleven.
    Suddenly, my dream of doing a Dresden Files-style everything-and-the-kitchen-sink cross-over game is realized. 2017... Soon.

W:tR The Pack already confirmed that it's possible for werewolves to bring other supernaturals into their packs. Now I'm curious to know if there's similar reciprocity in other splats... and if this kind of "cultural exchange" nets you some neat little Merits.
    Last edited by Haberdasher; 08-06-2016, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied

I'm very curious about which Arcana combinations are needed to manipulate Pyros and Sekhem and to see if any ties are drawn between the similar natures of geists and the Deceived temakh. I'd also love to see what a Mage-centric view of things does to the relationship between the God-Machine and the Principle, as making the former a Fallen reflection of the Supernal (or possibly even Empyrean) latter seems fairly elegant.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Subsplat mixing is fine and all, I'm talking about Werepires, Geistlings, Demagetheans, or Mummeasts. None of that please.
    I dont know,some combinations could work well,i think werepires and changeling+Beasts would be fun

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.
    I get that, and that's good, it was fun in books like Rites of Spring. It's just the idea that these things didn't exist before seems like a retcon, so to speak.

So it will contain Deviants and Mummy? And is it going to have a setting, like the Chicago book, or be more about 'how they see things and interact?'

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    I'm hoping that the setting information we get is presented as options or theories; part of the fun of CofD is nobody knows everything and things are at times contradictory. Having a big book of definitive answers might hurt that. Stuff like Promethean 2e's sidebar on the relationship between God-Machine and Principle, albeit in much more depth, would be grand.

Leave a comment:

• Runcible
    replied

It's also because I knew this was coming.

I suppose some things might lend themselves to the crossover easier than others, like presumably Prometheans, Deviants and Alchemists or Geists with Werewolves or Mummies.
    Also as mentioned above, would be neat to see a Promethean made from changeling or fetch parts (Pinnochios?).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X