X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigDamnHero
    replied
    Originally posted by StSword View Post

Not so much, former wolf-blooded keep their tell, word of god is that demonblooded and stigmatics keep their old stuff except for any supernatural merits they might have chosen to purchase.
    Subsplat mixing is fine and all, I'm talking about Werepires, Geistlings, Demagetheans, or Mummeasts. None of that please.

Leave a comment:

• StSword
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Dear God I hope not. NWoD was vehemently against them, I assume CofD is as well. We may see examples like Strix Synthesis monstrosities or what happens when you make a Promethean using Changeling parts though.
    Not so much, former wolf-blooded keep their tell, word of god is that demonblooded and stigmatics keep their old stuff except for any supernatural merits they might have chosen to purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

It's also because I knew this was coming.

Chicago is for three of the gamelines. This will be for all eleven.
    I look forward to seeing how this book will turn out Especially if we get all sorts of bizarre situations that stem from the interactions of different splats.

Leave a comment:

• BigDamnHero
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Is there any chance we will see some multi-splat characters?
    Dear God I hope not. NWoD was vehemently against them, I assume CofD is as well. We may see examples like Strix Synthesis monstrosities or what happens when you make a Promethean using Changeling parts though.

Leave a comment:

• Teatime
    replied
    Second Chances
    No matter how brilliant city write-ups are, books devoted to them are said not to sell very well. That's why folding them into other books is such a good idea. If there's ever a book devoted to Tokio, the Crossover Chronicle is it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Is there any chance we will see some multi-splat characters?

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    So for a long time now, I've been blowing off crossover mechanical queries like "so what happens when vampires feed from mages" or "what does Infrastructure look like under Mage Sight" or "What's the Hedge in Mage cosmology" because I wanted a writer to be paid for it.

I'm so excited for this I can practically run up a wall . Would love to be a playtester or apply to write for this. Would it be reasonable to assume that the remaining 2E books in writing & development would have to be finished first before the Crossover Chronicle can begin?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Honestly, I'd love an entire book on Tokyo at some point. But that (hopefully) is a topic for another thread.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    ... or maybe one, big chapter on Tokyo with crossovers in mind?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    So, here's my biggest question right now. Will this book have a settings chapter like the other Chronicles? And will it mean more Tokyo?

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Pitty it will come in 2017, as I would use it for my growing now Mage-Promethean crossover, but even then - interested in book. I like to make crossover plots in normal, 'pure' chronicles and this book will ease the pain of it.

Leave a comment:

• Crosswords
    replied
    I'm super-torn right now, because I don't entirely understand the goal of this product which I only know about from a brief paragraph in a brochure. It'll clarify a lot of detailed interactions between the game lines, but if I'm not excited by that minutia, I'm not sure why I should be interested. I guess I'm sort of missing what this adds to the world, versus what it provides more detail on, but right now I don't think there's anything that can be done to fix that.

Leave a comment:

• falco1029
    replied

Makes sense. Who's the developer for it, if you can tell us at this point (that gets decided as soon as a pitch is approved, right)?

Originally posted by WHW View Post
    I'm skeptic. I never was a fan of Crossovers, and I feel that for them to work, each splat would need to be written with Crossover in mind; this clashes a lot with current model of "each splat is designed as it's own island, sacrificing crossover levers to strengthen it's own thematic identity". This book would need a lot, lot of mechanical rebalancing to the splats.
    I imagine it'll be like the smaller crossover sections in other books in that it'll go into how you need to decide on the theme, whether it's a mix or something entirely new, and it'll give suggestions for power balancing when needed. The advantage, of course, of a standalone book is 1) Those that don't like crossover don't have pages in another book they DO want "wasted", and 2) There's more room to go into everything and really dig in, rather than needing to compress it all into a single chapter or sub-section.

At any rate, on my own end, there's a large number of things I'm wondering about the product, but given it was just announced and the answer for 90% of them is likely "dunno yet", I'll just have to keep an ear out.

Leave a comment:

• WHW
    replied
    I'm skeptic. I never was a fan of Crossovers, and I feel that for them to work, each splat would need to be written with Crossover in mind; this clashes a lot with current model of "each splat is designed as it's own island, sacrificing crossover levers to strengthen it's own thematic identity". This book would need a lot, lot of mechanical rebalancing to the splats.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Brookshaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X