• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marin
    started a topic New book: The Crossover Chronicle

New book: The Crossover Chronicle

From the 2016-2017 brochure:

For years, we’ve entertained fan requests for rules that allow different supernatural creatures to play in the same game. This year we’re pleased to announce that we’ll create a book that’s tentatively titled The Crossover Chronicle which will provide all the necessary rules to play within a setting designed around the idea that every single supernatural exists and they may be aware of all the others, too. This will be a massive undertaking never before attempted for the Chronicles of Darkness!

• YeOfLittleFaith
    replied
    It is. I hadn't considered it because it seemed more important to address the many many points of intersection between all the lines in specific settings and smaller examples as well as storytelling advice. But having a unified big show of how to handle a mass crossover chronicle should be helpful, and even more so if it's a fun adventure in its own right.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Having an example is a good way to handle it. We had theorized about it by hoping they did a single locale, like Chicago. A plague does it without locking you in a specific area.
    Last edited by nofather; 08-17-2017, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• YeOfLittleFaith
    replied
    Interesting. The first part consisting of chronicle hooks, settings, and storytelling advice to play games with multiple lines, is what I expected to find in a crossover book. But I didn't think it would also include a full chronicle tying all the games into a single story and event/threat prompting their vastly different characters to work together.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    'The Contagion Chronicle is an overarching Chronicle consisting of chronicle hooks,riveting settings, and Storyteller aids to help present all the Chronicles of Darkness game lines into one consistent story. In the chronicle, the Contagion acts as a motivational force and inspires the formation of factions where vampires, werewolves, mages, mummies, etc. come together in new and unique ways.
    Once joined together to deal with the Contagion, these factions will never see their world (or each other) the same way, and will be forever changed. Each time the Contagion emerges to threaten the fabric of our world, the only beings capable of manipulating, slowing, weaponizing, or halting it, are the unnatural denizens from across the Chronicles of Darkness. The Contagion permeates Infrastructure and warps the known antagonists and supporting blocks present in the lives of every inhuman being.'

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Assuming the timeline holds, I'd expect Mummy 2e announced in 2017 and released in 2019 or 2020.

That hurt to write out.
    Well, you were right on the first part. Anyone's guess when it gets released, but I'm holding out for late 2018, early 2019.

Anywho... I'm guessing that the Crossover Chronicle is now the Contagen Chronicle based off of this year's brochure. I dig it. Supernatural diseases are always fun. I wonder if it will make use of the Infected from Hurt Locker?

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Lets see what settings are done and what are left.

Prommy, werewolf, vampire, mage, beast, demon, are done, Changeling should be in a matter of months.

The leaves Giest the Sin Eater and Mummy. Giest has already started, so we'll see how that goes.

Mummy feels too soon to get a whole new edition, I mean I'm still getting stuff from the kickstarter! So I'd suggest Crossover Chronicles just include a mechanics update for Mummy, done.

So that would mean very thing would depend on Geist getting finished in time for a Crossover Chronicle.
    Assuming the timeline holds, I'd expect Mummy 2e announced in 2017 and released in 2019 or 2020.

That hurt to write out.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Don't forget Hunter. Also, that seems like a pretty optimistic prediction re: Changeling and Geist.

Leave a comment:

• branford
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Prommy, werewolf, vampire, mage, beast, demon, are done, Changeling should be in a matter of months.

The leaves Giest the Sin Eater and Mummy. Giest has already started, so we'll see how that goes.

Mummy feels too soon to get a whole new edition, I mean I'm still getting stuff from the kickstarter! So I'd suggest Crossover Chronicles just include a mechanics update for Mummy, done.

So that would mean very thing would depend on Geist getting finished in time for a Crossover Chronicle.

Deviant should also be done.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    So I asked Rich about the Crossover Chronicles in the comments on last Monday Meetings and he said that he's not sure if CC will be Kickstarted this coming year (2017) or the next. So maybeeeeeee we get everything to 2e or at least in production for 2e before Crossover Chronicles drops?

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    So I asked Rich about the Crossover Chronicles in the comments on last Monday Meetings and he said that he's not sure if CC will be Kickstarted this coming year (2017) or the next. So maybeeeeeee we get everything to 2e or at least in production for 2e before Crossover Chronicles drops?

Leave a comment:

• bwgustaf
    replied
    So does anyone here think a changeling promethean mage and god-machine crossover would work well for a invasion of the body snatchers type chronicle or do think i should add a forth splat for humanity? because i'm thinking of run a body snatchers parody game next year.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    I hope we get some new and updated z-splats in this, focused on crossover. Ancient Bloodlines gives us the Usiri, a Nosferatu bloodline out of Ancient Egypt tasked with borrowing the memories of sleeping elders for safekeeping in order to recite them once they rise from torpor and must contend with the Fog of Ages; with the Fog gone in 2e, they're left more or less pointless... unless there happened to be a convenient group of immortal amnesiacs running around Egypt that may well need help with their faulty Memory!

Now the tough part is whether I cross my fingers for this to make it into the book or do it myself now...

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

I see no reason why "all of the above, and more besides" isn't a valid answer.

I'd say "all of the above" or even "there is no actual distinction".

All of them? Learn occult ritual? Supernatural Merit! Rare genetic quirk? Supernatural Merit! Scientific augmentation? Supernatural Merit (see Lost Boys in Hurt Locker preview)! Gift of other being? Well, Demons can inflict Stigmata, and I doubt Spirits and many other such powers can't do the same, so Supernatural Merit!

None of these options invalidate the others. They just mean there is more than one way to telekinetically skin a cat.
    The Fate Arcana at ••••• has a spell that can grant Supernatural merits and the MCI which can and often is centred around Supernatural beings can also grant Supernatural Merits. There maybe other ways too.

Leave a comment:

• Geckopirateship
    replied
    I'm hoping we get a few crossover subsplats, but I understand that other people aren't really that interested in that side of things. Maybe as a stretch goal? I think this is a big enough project to warrant a Companion and maybe even a follow up. Oh, is there going to be a fiction anthology?

I've mentioned thinking this would be a great chance for ChroD Kiasyd before, and that's honestly mostly why I want crossover z-splats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X