Deviant: the Renegades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    So what about a deviant whos a cat person with the ability to see in the dark see very well in general great at cat things and maybe able to talk to cats
    What would a Blowout look like?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Omg yes

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Huh... I was told cats actually had poor eye sight, which is why their whiskers grow so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
            Huh... I was told cats actually had poor eye sight, which is why their whiskers grow so long.

Then that could be a scar but how do the whiskers help another scar could be that he's eyes are claily catlike but contact lenses still work and maybe he has fer maybe purs to talk to cat's other scars are welcome

Comment

• Nyrufa less about "poor eyesight" more bout "poor peripheral vision".

Comment

• Oh i see wow who knew making a cat girl damn it why did i have to make it based on a animal well still useing to use it but what about someone who can teleport the problem is there's already an merit for that in hurt locker 1 last thing i want to make someone with a poison skin but how deadly would the poison be to justify having it on all the time like Toxicity 5 maybe 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                  Like The Birds, but with cats. First they'll tear your enemies apart - but as they do so, your body will break apart as your life essence flows into them through the cracks in yuor soul, and your blood and flesh trail out to meld with them. When it's over, your enemies will be little but bones and scattered gore, and the cats will return to their hearths - most sleek and satisfied, but perhaps a few of them ill for a while - and you will be gone as if you had never been, though your last thought will have been a purr of savage satisfaction.

Comment

• So, any speculations about what the Y Splats will be like? I'm guessing they will be about how your pursue your revenge and balance your Conviction/Loyalty. Kinda like Changeling Courts, but less about fables/emotions and more about activism/tactics. I can imagine a Y splat about Deviants who look at the freakish but amazing things they can do, and decide to study their own condition so they can master it and maybe even use it to improve society. Sorta like the Ordo Dracul.
                    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 09-17-2017, 09:40 PM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post

Then that could be a scar but how do the whiskers help another scar could be that he's eyes are claily catlike but contact lenses still work and maybe he has fer maybe purs to talk to cat's other scars are welcome

Cat whiskers act as sensory receivers that allow them to detect what is present around them. I don't claim to know the specifics, but I imagine it has something to do with sensing vibrations. That's why it's so difficult to sneak up on a cat without alerting them, even if you're as quiet as possible.

Originally posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
                      Oh i see wow who knew making a cat girl damn it why did i have to make it based on a animal well still useing to use it but what about someone who can teleport the problem is there's already an merit for that in hurt locker 1 last thing i want to make someone with a poison skin but how deadly would the poison be to justify having it on all the time like Toxicity 5 maybe 10

Maybe wanna add some punctuation there, buddy?

The thing is that right now, we don't know the full extend of what powers a Deviant will have. But they fall somewhere in the middle range between a minion splat (Ghouls, Wolfblooded, Faetouched, est) and a master splat (Vampires, Werewolves, Changelings, est). They're stronger than your run of the mill canon fodder, but they aren't as powerful as most of the other main splats. And their powers often come with hefty consequences for abusing them.

I'm not going to say teleportation isn't a possibility, but I would imagine that one of the possible scars would be... well... Something like this
                      Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-18-2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                        Cat whiskers act as sensory receivers that allow them to detect what is present around them. I don't claim to know the specifics, but I imagine it has something to do with sensing vibrations. That's why it's so difficult to sneak up on a cat without alerting them, even if you're as quiet as possible.
                        It's hard to sneak up on cats because to them we're basically huge clumsy gorillas that can't take a silent step to save our lives; the whiskers work in order to see to which opening they can get thru without becoming stuck: they aren't insect-like antennae.

Comment

• not sure if it's been suggested before but I recently came to the conclusion Danny Phantom would be a pretty good example for a Deviant Chronicle.

Comment

• New blog post from Dave on Deviant's design goals.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post
                              New blog post from Dave on Deviant's design goals.
                              Sweet Christmas! I saw it already and didn't have time to post, but I am even more excited for Deviant now. Its also going to be really interesting to have Deviant paired with Mage in Dark Eras 2.

CofD booklists:
                              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                                Here’s something I don’t think we’ve spoken about anywhere – at some point between now and Deviant being released, dedicated Chronicles readers will see a ruleset we’ve been working on across several gamelines over the last few years for organization-level play. In the book they’re coming in first, they’re used for player-controlled groups, treating them almost as characters. Deviant will use them, but for the antagonists. What this means is that the conspiracy hunting Deviant characters will have a character sheet of its own, filled out by the Storyteller from facts established by player choices in character creation and collaborative questions. The more Variations a Remade character has (and how powerful they are) is a key factor in how many points the Storyteller has to spend on their Conspiracy, and multiple players can pool their Conspiracy creation together.
                                In Deviant‘s Storytelling chapter we’ll have an optional system (in so much as the ST can override it at any time) for determining the Conspiracy’s “actions” in response to what the player characters do in a Story, how active the Conspiracy is in hunting them, and other factors determined by the Conspiracy’s “stats”. This isn’t new ground for rpgs in general, but for a Chronicles of Darkness game we haven’t tried it before.

Here's a thing that just leapt out at me from the blog post. I mean, we know about Conspiracies being actual constructed characters as antagonists for Deviant, but the idea of them being used for player-controlled groups, and those rules coming out first, that's a huge surprise and something I'm very much going to be looking forward to. Especially considering it's something that I've been tinkering with ever since I got into Mummy and made an attempt at converting it to 2E.

Any bets as to which books these rules will be printed in? My guess is it will be Signs of Sorcery, Book of the Pentacle, or Hunter 2E.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Working...
                                X