• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save time, make it a consistent effect

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• I think the extra time is wroth it to fit the powers theme

Comment

• All that extra work just for one character is going to get it vetoed by most STs. Plus, it massively slows down scenes if whenever you use that power, the ST has to look at or make up the backstory for every single character present at the scene and choose or homebrew an appropriate Condition for every single one of them.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Good point hmmmm well i need to find a new from the power takes maybe it.makes people depprssed

Comment

• Info on Theme, Mood, Style, & Tone: http://theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw
              They’re metaphorically the chronically ill or differently-abled
              Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw
              (in a comment about what Deviant 100% isn’t) Accepting your changes
              I’m probably gonna get backlash from this, but these two things together rubbed me the exact wrong way and I hate it. I was really excited for Deviant before, but hounestly this killed any hype I had for it. I’m terribl at explaining things, so I won’t try to go into one of those great lectures from other people in this forum, but this feels like like 2 utterly unreconciable themes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post

I’m probably gonna get backlash from this, but these two things together rubbed me the exact wrong way and I hate it. I was really excited for Deviant before, but hounestly this killed any hype I had for it. I’m terribl at explaining things, so I won’t try to go into one of those great lectures from other people in this forum, but this feels like like 2 utterly unreconciable themes.
                I think I kinda get where you’re coming from, but consider that the “illness” and “disablement” in question were purposefully afflicted by a third party who sees you as a commodity to be exploited. That’s not so acceptable when on the receiving end of it, is it?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

I think I kinda get where you’re coming from, but consider that the “illness” and “disablement” in question were purposefully afflicted by a third party who sees you as a commodity to be exploited. That’s not so acceptable when on the receiving end of it, is it?
                  I’m tired and don’t really have the eloquence to give a long winded answer, but
                  1. It has been pointed put that deviants can be accidents or caused by themselves or just completly independent of everybody
                  2. You could say the same thing about war inguries at a highly decreased level, and those people manage to accept their changes
                  3. If they are intentionally supposed to be metaphorically chronically ill or differently abled, tying them into a box of must be angry all the time and being perpetually self loathing hurts their represemtation, especially considering this is Onyx paths’s first real forray at taking a look at those issues beyond small nods.

Comment

This.

The "toxic waste leak" from the research facility that gave half the town cancer wasn't an accident. The "careless scientists" intentionally exposed you and your neighbors to a dangerous and unpredictable extradimensional toxin whose properties occasionally cause victims to manifest superhuman abilities. They intended to exploit the most useful of these through a third party intermediary pretending to oppose them. People died because of those scientists' ambition - friends, family, neighbors, and even some assholes (but no one deserves to go out like this). Your body is rotten with tumors, too, but you were one of the "success stories." You even worked for them for awhile in exchange for experimental cancer treatments that at least helped keep you out of the hospital for a few months between relapses. Until you found out that the philanthropic organization was just another arm of the same research group that arranged the "accident" in the first place.

What if your metamorphosis really was just the result of an accident? Well, the explosion took your sight - burned the eyes right out of your skull. So that sucks. But the fact that it left you with the ability to see and communicate with beings in a parallel universe has kept you from adapting to your disability and moving on with your life. Your life has become a never ending parade of strangers who want to understand your "gift" or hope you will use it to benefit them - some of whom have proven unwilling to take no for an answer.

So yeah, you've got resentment at the very least and quite probably a towering rage.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post

This.

The "toxic waste leak" from the research facility that gave half the town cancer wasn't an accident. The "careless scientists" intentionally exposed you and your neighbors to a dangerous and unpredictable extradimensional toxin whose properties occasionally cause victims to manifest superhuman abilities. They intended to exploit the most useful of these through a third party intermediary pretending to oppose them. People died because of those scientists' ambition - friends, family, neighbors, and even some assholes (but no one deserves to go out like this). Your body is rotten with tumors, too, but you were one of the "success stories." You even worked for them for awhile in exchange for experimental cancer treatments that at least helped keep you out of the hospital for a few months between relapses. Until you found out that the philanthropic organization was just another arm of the same research group that arranged the "accident" in the first place.

What if your metamorphosis really was just the result of an accident? Well, the explosion took your sight - burned the eyes right out of your skull. So that sucks. But the fact that it left you with the ability to see and communicate with beings in a parallel universe has kept you from adapting to your disability and moving on with your life. Your life has become a never ending parade of strangers who want to understand your "gift" or hope you will use it to benefit them - some of whom have proven unwilling to take no for an answer.

So yeah, you've got resentment at the very least and quite probably a towering rage.
                      God damn I wanna play this game.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                      I podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love

Comment

• Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post

I’m tired and don’t really have the eloquence to give a long winded answer, but
                        1. It has been pointed put that deviants can be accidents or caused by themselves or just completly independent of everybody
                        2. You could say the same thing about war inguries at a highly decreased level, and those people manage to accept their changes
                        3. If they are intentionally supposed to be metaphorically chronically ill or differently abled, tying them into a box of must be angry all the time and being perpetually self loathing hurts their represemtation, especially considering this is Onyx paths’s first real forray at taking a look at those issues beyond small nods.
                        You’ve managed to exclude the part where people are trying to exploit you for your condition, even if your condition was self-imposed. You’ve also failed to highlight the difference between afflictions caused by human but faceless forces (e.g. war), and the ones with very clear faces (the Conspiracies). How can one just accept and move on, when there are people who’d very much not like to for their own profit? Those are the points the where the anger and defiance stems from.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• How many types of Deviant exist, regarding the creation process? By technological means (Adam Jensen), by magical means (Shadowman)...?

Comment

• Biology psyich and psychological in my opinion
                            Seriously no more pain treatment can be possible but dull you to other things as well

Comment

You’ve managed to exclude the part where people are trying to exploit you for your condition, even if your condition was self-imposed. You’ve also failed to highlight the difference between afflictions caused by human but faceless forces (e.g. war), and the ones with very clear faces (the Conspiracies). How can one just accept and move on, when there are people who’d very much not like to for their own profit? Those are the points the where the anger and defiance stems from.
                              I mean, I get that, but my point is more the metaphorical meaning of it is terrible, and to say they aren’t that is to take away from what is directly said. If they are metaphorically this group, then they need to represent that, and saying that shouldn’t matter because of the empirical rules takes away from what these people spend their lives trying to do, by saying that’s the way you get fucked over. Imagine if in Changeling one of the themes was that it was better when you were under the True Fae’s Control. That would take away from all the themes and metaphorical meaning and actual people Changeling is about at a certain level, even if the mechanics supported that and the game sounded cool and played well. I’m not saying the game doesn’t make sense if you take it at face value and within the game’s context, I’m saying these two ideas are utterly unreconciable. I like the ideas and the worldbuilding, but the subtext kills me and I can’t not express that

Comment

• Hmmm... How would you feel about the following statement:
                                "When it comes to stages of grief, a Deviant campaign covers denial, bargaining, depression and most of all - anger. Attaining acceptance is sabotaged by Conspiracies that hound your step, and as such is both endgame material and a victory condition."

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Working...
                                X