X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the tangent i wanted to go with. Sorry

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• On a different tangent off alienation, Amalgam seems interesting. From what we've heard, it seems like they consist of two consciousnesses imperfectly fused together. Will they be "synergistic" like Geists, monsters within you you must hold back and appease like Horrors, or perhaps a split personality that takes over periodically? Or something completely different?
      Last edited by Borne; 07-08-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• In that case, the Fatal Frame twins are Amalgam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Linus View Post
          In that case, the Fatal Frame twins are Amalgam?
          I'd think so, likewise Lucy/Nyu from Elfin Lied (though I imagine she will be one of those characters that can fit multiple splats).

Comment

• Anyone notice Stitch is a deviant, lilo is a touchstone and the enemy agency is dr. Hamsterville?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThriceHonored View Post
              Anyone notice Stitch is a deviant, lilo is a touchstone and the enemy agency is dr. Hamsterville?
              Yes. On a semi-related note, and I believe I’ve said it before, but I’d be quite amused if Deviants had a cryptid equivalent called Experiments.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
              Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
              Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Yes. On a semi-related note, and I believe I’ve said it before, but I’d be quite amused if Deviants had a cryptid equivalent called Experiments.
                I think that being born a Deviant and being created in a lab were origins, and Chimera or the sneaky one would work for Clade.

Comment

• Do we have anything opposed to the Amalgam which, instead of cast souls, is a fractioned soul?

It really strikes me as Jack Griffin, Hyde and Dorian Gray.

Comment

• Gem from DV8. I've no idea what's going to be in the book but Dave clearly knows the genre pretty well, I imagine if something isn't depicted in the core it would probably be picked up in a later supplement like a Player's Guide.
                    Last edited by nofather; 07-11-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Linus View Post
                      Do we have anything opposed to the Amalgam which, instead of cast souls, is a fractioned soul?

It really strikes me as Jack Griffin, Hyde and Dorian Gray.
                      Given that broken souls are one of the defining traits of Deviant, I'd almost imagine that this is the most common form of Amalgam.

Comment

• Like there KA and BA got separated

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                          Like there KA and BA got separated
                          That seems like more of a Mummy thing, but Deviant probably will play in some similar dualist spaces. And there are always crossovers, especially so here given the mechanical flexibility and flavor adaptability they've been hyping.

Comment

• So I can play a avatar of bastet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                              So I can play a avatar of bastet?
                              I mean, at this point I wonder why you are not just playing Beast. Deviant has been described as relatively low-power and smaller in scope, with a focus on every power having a drawback. It'd probably take pretty heavy modification to play a straight-up avatar of a god.

Comment

• Just a really small part of Bastet

Comment

Working...
                                X