Darkly Depraved Disney: The Magic Kingdom in the World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    How dare you impugn the honor of Kingdom Hearts. I will fight EVERYONE ON THIS!
    Sorry Arc, but based on the date rater gave us, it's either that or Angela Shapiro being made the exec in charge of ABC Family by disney.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Spirits resembling Heartless began appearing in the shadow in locations corresponding to Disney Parks the day Kingdom Hearts was first released.
      Last edited by Rater202; 08-15-2016, 01:09 AM.

I'm an aspergic individual. This means that I can't imagine how others will react to situations. This has led to me accidentally offending someone, and has also led to me being less clear in statements than I thought I was. I'd like to apologize, and ask that others don't get mad, but just ask me to reword or clarify. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

Sorry Arc, but based on the date rater gave us, it's either that or Angela Shapiro being made the exec in charge of ABC Family by disney.
        Have you seen ABC Family since? Clearly that's the cause.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          Have you seen ABC Family since? Clearly that's the cause.
          I take full responsibility for this comment of yours given my recent "Make It or Break It" live-facebooking.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
          Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by hm8453a View Post

I take full responsibility for this comment of yours given my recent "Make It or Break It" live-facebooking.
            You reminded me of a long standing annoyance, yes. Whether or not that's worth all the credit is...

You know what, just take it.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
            Work Blog Coming Soon
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Whose Line was supposed to run as long as all the performers were alive. So who brought them all back?

Comment

So...clearing out my work computer, found a text file of a post for this thread, but forgot about until now. Finished up the post, and here we are.

Museum of the Weird

In the years when the Haunted Mansion was being created by the Imagineers, there were plans to make a companion attraction to the Haunted Mansion. Dubbed "The Museum of the Weird" it was a walk through attraction through a museum that was the home of many strange and unusual artifacts that the Disney Company collected all over the world. Some of which we now via the concept art that came out in the years since:

the Melting Candle Man

the Coffin Clock

and the Mistress of Evil.

There have even been additional writings about a Giraffe Piano and the Mothman (yes, perhaps THAT Mothman).

Unfortunately, the attraction never made it out of the pre-production stage due to Walt's death and the upheaval in the company caused many projects to either be canceled, shelved, or heavily downsized. The Museum of the Weird was, unfortunately, one of those canceled projects being the Museum of the Weird.

The Imagineers, however, have a hard time letting anything go. Especially good ideas.

Some of those ideas include the Chair with a Face or some of the designs.

But where things get interesting is what happens after the Mansion opens.

Various supernaturals (be they Spirit Mages, a Bone Shadow of a Forsaken pack, or a Krewe of Sin Eaters) have confirmed that there is some ghost and spirit activity that circles around the Chair with the Face. And further scrutiny suggests that this Chair has had these properties since it was first made, and as long as that chair has been in the Mansion.

Years later another one of the artifacts popped up in an auction: the Reaper Clock.

While the various Floridian supernaturals have a multitude of theories on the existence of the Museum of the Weird items.

1. The original premise of the attraction is actually 100% true and the Disney Company really did acquire occult items all across the world and wanted to put them on display in a Disney attraction.

They could be Urathra Fetishes, Supernal Artifacts, Athanors, Relics, or any other possible supernatural item.

2. The Disney Company crafted all of the items themselves to be put up on display as an attraction.

Of course that just leaves the question of: what happened to the rest of the items?

Were they destroyed when plans of the attraction fell through? Or were they simply...stored away somewhere? Either way, any of the various supernatural societies would eagerly await any information about the other items for study and to perhaps use.

Comment

If only you could see the tunnels underneath Magic Kingdom. There are many things down there that cannot be explained.

Comment

The Yippie Invasion of Disney Land back in the 70s was used as a cover for various operations by supernatural factions in the area

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Escape From Tommorrow was a mess of a movie, but turning some of the better ideas into Mortal, Hunter or even Demon game could be pretty cool

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                      X