No announcement yet.

The young man in the cafe's Savannah Georgia setting writeup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story hook time! Invictus leader Clark Kruger’s project to gentrify the Starland District south of Forsyth Park has hit an unexpected snag, his sire has awakened from the torpor that he entered in the 50s. You see, the sire ( an elder who was one of the native yamacraw in life and embraced centuries before Savannah was founded) gave Kruger the area right before he went to the long sleep, and back then the area was going through a rapid decline and the elder saw no reason to keep the territory. of course now that it’s a hip artsy neighborhood then elder wants it back. Krueger has thus assigned your coterie to come up with a way to somehow convince his sire to back off before things turn ugly.

Of course the elder has a counter offer for your coterie, help him dust Kruger and he will teach you a devotion that only he knows, one that would make spying on rivals in the tunnels much easier
    Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 11-22-2017, 09:57 AM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Because of Half Damned

Savannah's revenants share a burrow in the form of a cluster of sunken ships in the ocean just outside the river, keeping a blood farm in the form of a fish farm. The Forgotten Fleet, as the burrow is known, is led by a revenant Known simply as The Forgotten Sailor, who claims to be a crew man of the Confederate Submarine the Hunley, who survived the sinking of the sub, only to wash up on one of the barrier islands, where his even more unknown sire embraced him. Savannah's kindred (and most revenants for that matter) would prefer not to deal with the sailor and his racist views, except that his covey has a tap on the undesea internet cable running from Savannah to all along the east coast and to Europe. As a result, the Sailor is the local kindred's main source of intel on the electronic communications of the various supernatural factions, including the changeling copyright pirates court who have found themselves in a tense standoff with the covey.

The burrow is also highly secure in many ways, and not just because it is underwater. The newer ship wrecks sensor's have been converted into an alarm system that will let the Revenants know if an unauthorized visitor is approaching and various booby traps on the sea floor will hold the interlopers in place until the covey can retrieve them.

Comment

Weed has been decriminalized in Savannah and all the supernatural factions want a piece of that pie

Comment

Other than being non-meat, would enough c-brownies have any impact upon a Werewolf's Rage?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
            Other than being non-meat, would enough c-brownies have any impact upon a Werewolf's Rage?
            I can't speak for this setting, but by RAW werewolves decrease toxicity by their Primal Urge so something that minor might not register at all.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Think the werewolves would be more likely to be running Pot thann using it And keep in mind the decriminalization only means the city cops can’t come after you the Chatham County sheriffs made it clear that he’s going to arrest pot users anyway which means all those something awful jokes about world of darkness dukes of Hazzard are about to get a 420 makeover

Comment

So I got two news stories that I can turn into plot hooks.
                1. Southside Savannah Alderman and the city's biggest embarrassment Tony Thomas clearly has a mysterious supernatural sponsor keeping him in office despite (or maybe because) of his erratic behavior, which I fully encourage you fine forumites to research yourself
                2. Disney is planning to film a live action remake of Lady and the Tramp in Savannah. Expect those local supernaturals who have interests in the movie industry to go into overtime trying to get a piece of that mouse sized pie, while the copyright pirates court of changelings try to be the first to leak it. all while the local hunters and werewolves try to drive up tourism as usual while simultaneously avoiding a mouse sized breach of supernatural secrecy resulting from the effect the news is having on the local dog spirits.
                Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 08-11-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X