Twilight Menagerie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Can ghosts in the CoD-Verse form away from the places they died? I was thinking of statting up the ghost/time-lost Vietnam Era Marine Platoon from the Hellblazer story "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" as Rank 1 or 2 Ghosts and posting it here for comment. They all probably died in Vietnam, but manifest in their old hometown, summoned by family members fervently praying for their return even 20 years later. I wanted to see if that could work in the CoD
    If those form their Anchors, probably? I don't think Ghosts can teleport between Anchors anymore, but if one forms and all their Anchors are located elsewhere...

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

If those form their Anchors, probably? I don't think Ghosts can teleport between Anchors anymore, but if one forms and all their Anchors are located elsewhere...
      Giving them a Manifestation that allows them said teleportation seems trivial enough.

Comment

Re: Ghosts

I have always run it that the geographic location of where a person dies isn't always important. One might be bound to the location of its death, while another might appear wandering the halls of his home, even though they died at a hospital miles away. Its the sort of thing I like leaving ambiguous so a Occult minded player can pick at the mystery of it all.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

You are correct, they do however have option to have one of their Manifestations be "Discorperation" and that can thought of as a slow painful teleportation based on how Ephemeral Beings reform...

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
          "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

that's what I was thinking, but it could be that the Spirit is too short-sighted to realize that.
            Depends, spirits may have no conscious choice of what Manifestations it possesses and without the ability to Fetter to or Claim a promising activist that's one of it's better options and that's a great choice if it has the Agressive Meme Numena, and as a spirit based on an Ideology it makes a great deal of sense to do so. That turns activists into superaturally turbo charged carriers of that Ideology, thus could account for why Ideological lines seem to be carving the modern world apart, Ideology Spirits are extremely Essense and Rank efficient in creating more of itself (doesn't require Influence 4, and thus Rank 4), and while there are competing Ideologies they less exclusive than emotions (less devouring each other as feelings might seem to do, and more competing for space/limited Essence provided by attention).

The only better option is to Urge or Claim someone leading a branch of activism for the Ideology.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
            "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Here's the guys from Hellblazer I've been meaning to make. Tell me what you think.

Soldier of the Lost Platoon

(Description to come)

Attributes: Power 3, Finesse 2, Resistance 3, Willpower 5, Essence 10
              Initiative: 5
              Defense: 3
              Speed: 11
              Size: 5
              Corpus: 8
              Influences: Parents (Theirs) 1
              Ban: Must follow the orders of Lieutenant Frank Ross
              Bane: Salt
              Manifestation: Materialize, Twilight Form
              Numina: Mortal Mask, Blast (Ghostly M-16), Stalwart

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

RE: The Lost Platoon

Very solid write up. I myself have also adapted, borrowed and outright stolen ideas from Hellblazer!

As a personal aside, I have always loved a good ghost story. Sure, you can run ghosts in Monster-of-Week fashion, to be Busted and then forgotten. But you can get some great emotional roleplaying out if you portray them as people - lost, frightened, confused people in desperate need of help.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
                The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
                Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
                Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Working...
                X