Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You as a Player Character: What Splat would you want to be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PenDragon View Post

The thread is titled "What splat would you want to be". Which is pretty suggestive.

Regardless my answer goes unchanged. The forums deemed me a Demon, who am I to argue with the vox populi?
    <uses Auspex to ascertain truth of statement>

He's telling the truth! Or he's telling a lie he wants read as truth! Or he's telling a truth he wants read as truth but wants us to second guess the answer! OR--

<Mekhet head asplode>

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      I dunno, being a Beast is a pretty sweet deal, all things considered.
      Debatable. But I do really like that it IS debatable.

The Lair is soooo attractive as a feature of the splat, though.

Comment

• Werewolf too, they have greaaat magical power and their supersenses are amazingly atrractive to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Werewolf too, they have greaaat magical power and their supersenses are amazingly atrractive to me
          And they don't have a giant number of drawbacks, either. There's the issue of Harmony skewing too far to Human, but you can always take some "camping trips" to go hunting in the woods or something.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
          "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
          "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

• Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
            And they don't have a giant number of drawbacks, either. There's the issue of Harmony skewing too far to Human, but you can always take some "camping trips" to go hunting in the woods or something.
            To me, the big drawback would be theeir society,pack life is harder if you're not a kickass badass

Comment

To me, the big drawback would be theeir society,pack life is harder if you're not a kickass badass

Also, while they don't have the oppressive surveillance of the G-M, like Demons, spirits and Hosts still largely hate them and are very pervasive.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

That's not really an issue, there's places for werewolves who aren't badasses. That's arguably the point of a pack. There's plenty of bards, scholars, philosophers and programmers in the Uratha, and Aggression and Violence aren't Renown aspects.

But yes, spirits dislike them and hosts hate them. Though hosts hate everyone, and at least a werewolf might recognize and kill a beshilu shard before it burrows into their belly and eats their heart.
                Last edited by nofather; 03-10-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Could I be a Hunter? No? I'd settle for wolf-blooded if I got to pick my tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Jub-Jub View Post
                    Could I be a Hunter? No? I'd settle for wolf-blooded if I got to pick my tell.
                    You could be whatever you'd like, but if you go for Hunter, I'd like to know which compact/conspiracy, since being Lucifuge is quite different from VASCU or Cheiron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post

You could be whatever you'd like, but if you go for Hunter, I'd like to know which compact/conspiracy, since being Lucifuge is quite different from VASCU or Cheiron.

or Union, or Faithful of Schulpae or Tier one with Mystery Cult Initiation...

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post

It's a tough pick but I think I'd go either Malleus Maleficarum or Aegis Kai Doru. I lean heavily towards MM though. Compact wise it's The Long Night.

Comment

• My girlfriend would immediately say I qualify to be a Demon, and I think my gaming groups would agree. The described mindsets, concepts, and loose genre of capability often depicted as alien for the purpose of narrative make a lot of sense to me, and fractured time travel is just par for the course in how my mind moves linearly.

However, my inherent issues with the upcoming gameline are exactly why I think Deviant is the splat that would best represent me. As a neurologically and physically divergent individual with multiple terminal diagnoses, it would probably be cathartic to have blame and purpose regarding my afflictions.

As for which one I want, Vampire would probably be my ideal, especially in a city as small as the one I live in. Unlikely to be a Kindred hierarchy, werewolves, or anything else really.

Still, as much as I would want to be a Ventrue, I think a Deviant just fits better.

Comment

Working...
                          X