Shared Horrors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Horrors

I was playing a video game recently where three gorgon sisters fused and turned into one large monster and subsequent boss fight. Gameplay aside, this instance got me wondering...

Is there any feat wherein two similar Beasts, perhaps in their connected lairs, might fuse into a much larger and more dangerous creature?

Or perhaps certain Beasts might actually share a Horror? Say a pair of twins or triplets (Siamese siblings perhaps?) might share one common Horror, and when it shows itself it's revealed to be a many-headed hydra or multi-bodied makhai, or other some such monster...

Sound like an idea worth exploring?
    Last edited by hellovg; 11-17-2016, 09:49 PM.

It does seem thematically appropriate. Seems like there was a V:tR bloodline that had this kind of ability. Of course without more detailed rules regarding the Horror itself it's hard to say exactly what might be entailed or required. Another thing for the storyteller's guide no doubt.

Comment

If it were me, I'd allow players to 'share' a horror. However, they'd need to work very closely together to maintain that their atavisms and nightmares at least somewhat matched the same theme. I would give them 75% more points to alot in creation of their horror form, and allow them to double the normal amount of chambers/burrows in their lair.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post
        If it were me, I'd allow players to 'share' a horror. However, they'd need to work very closely together to maintain that their atavisms and nightmares at least somewhat matched the same theme. I would give them 75% more points to alot in creation of their horror form, and allow them to double the normal amount of chambers/burrows in their lair.

Would you see that like in the case of twins and such?

Comment

That would certainly be one format it could take place in. Twins, people who happen to be Devoured at the same time, or other wierdness. I can see town with several people contributing to the same horror as a plot point.

The only real catches in all of these cases is still the Satiety factor. They'd need to share it, and everyone would have to increase Lair at the same time.

Comment

That would be a dilemma. But it can't detract from the awesomeness of having a group of siblings all being a Hydra together.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post
              That would certainly be one format it could take place in. Twins, people who happen to be Devoured at the same time, or other wierdness. I can see town with several people contributing to the same horror as a plot point.

The only real catches in all of these cases is still the Satiety factor. They'd need to share it, and everyone would have to increase Lair at the same time.

I'd also say there'd be upsides and downsides to that system, like apart they'd be weaker than normal beasts of the same supernatural level, but together and fully formed they'd be even more powerful. Probably share a psychic link as well...

Comment

That is definitely the point, though a single combined monster will have less than two full players on the Horror itself, they'll both be feeding it satiety (and spending it). They'll also get more per dot of lair individually, but less than two separate characters in a brood. Finally, should a Hero take out the Lair Heart, both beasts are down for the count.

Comment

Working...
                X