Create a Beast Game - Magic: The Gathering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a Beast Game - Magic: The Gathering

Here's a pretty simple way of spawning some character ideas. Pick a creature card from Magic: The Gathering and use it as inspiration to create a Beast and/or nightmare. I don't have time to make one right now, but I'll post an example soon. Does anyone else want to start?

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

I'd suggest something involving the Lhurgoyf, but "Run Away" is already a nightmare.

Comment

Ach! Hans, run! (Sorry, couldn't resist. )

I'd love to make a Beast around my favorite Commander: the Mimeoplasm. I'd see it as a Namtaru Ravager that literally uproots graves to feed upon the dead, not for nourishment from the cadavers but from the turmoil it would cause the families of the departed. If I was inclined to have this Beast adhere to the lessons of the Dark Mother, he would try to teach the families to let go of their departed loved ones, for a corpse isn't the same as a beloved friend or relative. It's just a corpse.

That being said...they prooooobably wouldn't get along with many Sin-Eaters or Ghosts. - . -'
      Last edited by Dusksage; 11-20-2016, 10:44 PM. Reason: Polish.

Comment

Can I go "old glories"?

Because the Juzam Djinn as a Anakim Tyrant which purpose is to teach others not to try to control things they can't understand/things they can't deal with/things that are stronger than them works for me. You have the Djinn which teaches the classical story about being careful about what you wish for and also a thing or two about the illusion of control and not trying to control the supernatural. Valid lessons in the CoD.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
        Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Also, forgive the double post, but if I can go for "stuff I used and love", I also can suggest the Primal Node as an Anakim Ravager whose whole deal is the "Vengeance of Gaia" trope.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
          Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Working...
          X