Family and Hunger That Fit Perfectly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family and Hunger That Fit Perfectly

In some CoD games we get a Clan/Auspice combo with a certain Tribe/Covenant that just fits really well, thematically and/or mechanically.
    I would venture to say that in Werewolf, for example, there are some Tribes that are just a perfect fit for a particular Auspice. That's my impression of it, anyway.

I was wondering if anyone thought the same about Beast.
    There's one section in the Nemeses' description that says that the Namtaru are particularly well-suited for the Hunger for Punishment, and their Family description makes it obvious why.

Do you guys have any particular combos that you feel are "just right"?

What do you think about matching Hunger with the kind of supernatural creature you might have Kinship with?
    For example, would a Hunger for Prey work particularly well for a Beast with Family Ties to a werewolf? Or do you think that having tastes be too similar would actually lead to tension and friction (for say, between a Tyrant and an Invictus vampire both trying to gain influence and domain)?

Anakim and Power have a lot of synergy, as do Eshmaki and Prey. There's also Ugallu and [REDACTED], but we can't talk about that quite yet...

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
      There's also Ugallu and [REDACTED], but we can't talk about that quite yet...
      Huh. So does this mean we are getting new Hungers in the Player's Guide? (I hope Excess is one of them, if so).

Ugallu seem to work well with Prey for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
        Anakim and Power have a lot of synergy, as do Eshmaki and Prey. There's also Ugallu and [REDACTED], but we can't talk about that quite yet...
        I'm concerned that the Ugallu and Boogaloo combination might be too strong, especially with either the Storm Lashed Atavism or even the Electrified Lair Trait.

I'm sure you guys know what you're doing though. ^.^

Comment

I would say Ugallu and Hoard have a lot of synergy if what you like to collect is usully hidden or hard to find, since the Ugallu Birthright and Atavisms are immensely useful for that.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

My general best-fit list for the core five-by-five goes Collector Leviathan, Nemesis Giant, Predator Lurker, Ravager Gorgon, Tyrant Raptor.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Paradim View Post

I'm concerned that the Ugallu and Boogaloo combination might be too strong, especially with either the Storm Lashed Atavism or even the Electrified Lair Trait.

I'm sure you guys know what you're doing though. ^.^
              Some people think Beast is breakin', but I'm not one of them.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
              Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Sam is talking about Ugallu combined with Whispers (the Hunger for Secrets), which is, yeah, a pretty natural pairing.

I suppose pairing the Hunger for the Hoard with the [REDACTED] Family, Nightmares of [REDACTED] would also work nicely.

Matthew McFarland
                Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

In my own mind I tend to immediately associate Anakim and Ravager.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
                    In my own mind I tend to immediately associate Anakim and Ravager.
                    I immediately link Anakim and Nemesis, personally, but eh. Different interpretations are fun. After all, if we all thought the same what a dull world it would be

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post
                      Sam is talking about Ugallu combined with Whispers (the Hunger for Secrets), which is, yeah, a pretty natural pairing.

I suppose pairing the Hunger for the Hoard with the [REDACTED] Family, Nightmares of [REDACTED] would also work nicely.
                      Yes! I was hoping Hunger for Secrets would make it in. Hmmm... Does the second REDACTED stand for Loss, by chance?

Currently working on: [REDACTED]

Comment

Oh joy, a new Family and a new Hunger!

Comment

Makara and Nemesis go well together on one level, because a sea monster is (usually) only dangerous in or near the water. For it to get you, you have to take a step out of your world and into its - ie, you have to transgress a boundary.

Comment

Matt! Great to see you back on the forums. Well, it appears that my draconic psychologist Ugallu Collector is actually an Ugallu Whisperer, seeing as he hoards weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

I'm really excited to see what Conquering Heroes has coming our way, especially since someone mentioned the Insatiate on another thread. And now, we also know that there's a new Hunger and a new Family, which is never a bad thing.

Comment

Hunger for Secrets, huh? Hrm, I was thinking of using the Hunger for the Hoard to be the fit for someone who collects information people want hidden.

Comment

Working...
                              X