• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    Oh joy, a new Family and a new Hunger!

Two each, actually.

Originally posted by Paradim View Post

Hunger for Secrets, huh? Hrm, I was thinking of using the Hunger for the Hoard to be the fit for someone who collects information people want hidden.

Either works, actually. Hunger for Secrets is a little different, because it's not about the Beast learning the secret so much as the person keeping the secret knowing that someone else knows.

Matthew McFarland
    Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post

Two each, actually.

Either works, actually. Hunger for Secrets is a little different, because it's not about the Beast learning the secret so much as the person keeping the secret knowing that someone else knows.
      So, you make them feel frightened into keeping the secret?

Revlid wrote:
      Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post

So, you make them feel frightened into keeping the secret?
        More that you scare them because you know something about them you're not supposed to.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
        Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Two each, actually.

Okay, so for Families we have the Nightmares of Hopelessness, Darkness, the Depths, Revulsion, Exposure, and two more.
          For Hungers we have Hoard, Power, Prey, Punishment, Ruin, Secrets, and one more.

Secrets was something expected, but I'm drawing a blank on the other new Hunger and the two Families. Maybe we'll get a Fear of Technology/Advancement who will at a superficial glance appear to have Kinship with the Unchained?

Comment

Do they have to know the Beast knows, or just someone (or is that one of the variables that goes into satiety potential)? I'm hoping it's knowing someone knows, if either, because knowing the Beast knows feels like Power the way just learning secrets feels like Hoard - but an unspecified someone knowing stokes a kind of paranoia that's distinct from either Power or Hoard.

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
            Secrets was something expected, but I'm drawing a blank on the other new Hunger and the two Families. Maybe we'll get a Fear of Technology/Advancement who will at a superficial glance appear to have Kinship with the Unchained?
            There was a thread here soliciting new Familes and Hungers. Fear of failure was one suggestion for a Family - based around monsters that posed intellectual or moral tests - though to me, it sounds like it could make a pretty good Hunger.(and not quite the same thing as Punishment). A Hunger for Excess was another suggestion I thought highly of.

Comment

Two each, actually.

That... Is a very big distinction there! And I really appreciate that Secrets doesn't necessarily step on the Collector's toes with that! Well done there. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Paradim View Post

That... Is a very big distinction there! And I really appreciate that Secrets doesn't necessarily step on the Collector's toes with that! Well done there. ^^

I hire good people.

Probably over Xmas break I'll do a blog post about one of the new Families; redlines will be done by then.

Matthew McFarland
                Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

I hire good people.

Probably over Xmas break I'll do a blog post about one of the new Families; redlines will be done by then.
                  I can't argue with that.

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the new Family preview. Almost as much as I am looking forward to getting my greedy paws on the whole book.

Currently working on: [REDACTED]

Comment

Working...
                  X