City of the Dispossesed: Secrets of Vancouver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of the Dispossesed: Secrets of Vancouver

Since it was requested a long (long) time ago, I thought I'd share some stuff I had for the Vancouver setting, which was either too elaborate to include in Beast, or that I've since thought up. This isn't in any way official; it's just my musings.

I'll use this thread as a hub if and when I get around to putting together more things. None of the mechanics are playtested, and in some ways they're more plot devices you might want to tool around with, but please comment if you have any thoughts or improvements. Enjoy:
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-18-2016, 02:52 AM.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Fuck This, Fuck That.

You had some fun here, didn't you?

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
    Working on:The Hedge
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      Fuck This, Fuck That.

You had some fun here, didn't you?
      My muse swears a lot.

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin

Comment

Hey how goes it? I started a Facebook page for people to share White Wolf game play and subject matter media. You should come by and share your stuff!https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Storyteller of Vampire the Masquerade game - Twin Cities by Night
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
        If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media check out the Facebook page I create to share and post media.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Comment

Gah, how did I not see this before!

*reads voraciously*

Squee! Calgary finally makes its way in CofD (if unofficially)! Plus this entire idea is awesome! Great job!
          Last edited by Second Chances; 02-10-2017, 09:20 PM.

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Something occurred to me about the Vancouver setting. The ruling Makara gained their unique Kinship after swimming through the Astral currents. Does it mean a sandworm Makara representing deep sands of the desert is out of luck while, let's say, an amoeba Namtaru can get that advantage, if they only try? I'm asking, because I like some dividing lines to be blurry.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post
              Something occurred to me about the Vancouver setting. The ruling Makara gained their unique Kinship after swimming through the Astral currents. Does it mean a sandworm Makara representing deep sands of the desert is out of luck while, let's say, an amoeba Namtaru can get that advantage, if they only try? I'm asking, because I like some dividing lines to be blurry.
              As it's presented in the book, you just have to swim in it, even if it wouldn't make sense for your Horror's form. You don't have to actually be good at swimming.

However, I really like that concept, as it puts more weight to the idea that the Flood is In some way an intelligent force, and that the Disciples are fascist bullies driven by bigotry.

Comment

So about how old do you think Luke was when he was embraced? I'm thinking early to mid thirties.

CofD booklists:
                Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                  So about how old do you think Luke was when he was embraced? I'm thinking early to mid thirties.
                  The way I've pictured it, he was in his late-20s or early 30s. Luke is based on an actual character a friend of mine played, and we always pictured him as a slightly thicker, young Cary Elwes.

Comment

Working...
                  X