Very Large Horrors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Keep in mind that even with the basic Giant merit, your character is somewhere between 7 to 8 feet tall and weighs over 300 pounds. Unless everybody in the city is a professional basket ball player / body builder / morbidly obese, you're going to be at least a foot and a half taller than everybody else. But as stated earlier, the character's actual size may just be purely cosmetic, while their real power lies in the use of Atavisms and Nightmares. Some narratives from the book depict Beasts as being able to manipulate the weather itself, which could theoretically produce waves capable of capsizing ships, or winds strong enough to topple houses.
    With reference to manipulating the weather, Storm-Lashed explicitly has that for a Satiety Expenditure version.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
      With reference to manipulating the weather, Storm-Lashed explicitly has that for a Satiety Expenditure version.
      See also Lair Traits like Downpour, Blizzard, Blazing Light, Extreme Cold, Extreme Heat, etc, etc.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post

See also Lair Traits like Downpour, Blizzard, Blazing Light, Extreme Cold, Extreme Heat, etc, etc.
        Mmhmm. There's any number of ways for a Beast to control the weather, even without bringing up homebrewed Atavisms.

Comment

I see. I only just recently got my hands on Beast for Christmas and I'm still reading through it.

Comment

I see. I only just recently got my hands on Beast for Christmas and I'm still reading through it.
            Ah. A good Christmas, then.

Comment

Keep in mind that even with the basic Giant merit, your character is somewhere between 7 to 8 feet tall and weighs over 300 pounds. Unless everybody in the city is a professional basket ball player / body builder / morbidly obese, you're going to be at least a foot and a half taller than everybody else. But as stated earlier, the character's actual size may just be purely cosmetic, while their real power lies in the use of Atavisms and Nightmares. Some narratives from the book depict Beasts as being able to manipulate the weather itself, which could theoretically produce waves capable of capsizing ships, or winds strong enough to topple houses.
              ​"MY WINGS, A HURRICANE!"
              -Smaug.
              This is NOT Red, it is Fire Brick. I am NOT a mod.
              Last edited by Mangle77; 12-29-2016, 02:06 AM.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
              I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Ah. A good Christmas, then.

I also picked up the second edition rule book to go with it. Seemed kind of pointless to get Beast without it. :P

Comment

Working...
                X