BtP Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtP Movies

Topic simply for posting good movies and series for Beast. I just found one that is our Polish movie, about almost corebook Makaras...

The Lure ( Córki Dancingu in Polish )
    Horror - musical about two Sirens in 80s Warsaw - and it's really good as Beast story!

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Manhunter or Red Dragon's the only one I can think of without stretching the game too far.

Comment

I think I wrote it in the Open Development blog post, but Black Mirror mixed with Damages was my inspiration for the Ready-Made PCs.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
      Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Wreck-it Ralph is a surprisingly good, kid friendly film that hits on a number of Beast themes

Comment

I found some fuel for Beast in Unforgiven, I'll get back later for more.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
          Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps". When not busy writing homebrew, I also try to write CoD fiction.

I'm more friendly than I look, I'm just bad at showing it. Trying to improve about that.

Comment

Also, Jules' arc from Pulp Fiction is something I always keep in mind when I want to explain what a Beast that tries to overcome his nature to do better actually looks like. Satchel is the one that made me notice that, if I recall well

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
            Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps". When not busy writing homebrew, I also try to write CoD fiction.

I'm more friendly than I look, I'm just bad at showing it. Trying to improve about that.

Comment

So, what's the 'L' in BtL stand for?
              Last edited by Bunyip; 01-07-2017, 12:15 AM.

Aims to write stuff you like.
              WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
              CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
              The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

I think that's a typo, given how close L and P are.

Comment

Yeah it obviously was. Somehow the didn't save through with my post. I've edited it in now.

Aims to write stuff you like.
                  WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
                  CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
                  The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                    Manhunter or Red Dragon's the only one I can think of without stretching the game too far.
                    I definitely had Hannibal (the TV show) in mind when I was writing for the core.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

The Relic: A Rampart Beast goes feasting on Fear and Brains... as the only thing that can Stave off the Hunger.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Case 39
                        Social worker uncover pathological family. She does not suspect that true monster is in the little girl...

Comment

Ravenous. Good beast vs. bad beast.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

Of the horror classics, I feel Candyman has the right vibe for Beast. A good example of the Infestation Atavism, as well.

Comment

I watched Babadook and still I do not feel I get it as Beast inspiration. I understand it's story of Amelia Devouring and with her son Samuel starting to react as Hero - but what Family would be Babadook itself? What would it be Hunger? I suspect that Babadook is Eshmaki - as he is Horror of Things in Darkness - but I still do not know what was his 'motivation' in movie. Is he there as to confront Amelia's loss of her husband?

Comment

Working...
                              X