BtP Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I watched Babadook and still I do not feel I get it as Beast inspiration. I understand it's story of Amelia Devouring and with her son Samuel starting to react as Hero - but what Family would be Babadook itself? What would it be Hunger? I suspect that Babadook is Eshmaki - as he is Horror of Things in Darkness - but I still do not know what was his 'motivation' in movie. Is he there as to confront Amelia's loss of her husband?
    From how i see it.. the Babadok has a hunger for Ruin. He wants to see her fail at a normal family life... and Destroy her own humanity (her Son)

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by RickmanUK View Post
      From how i see it.. the Babadok has a hunger for Ruin. He wants to see her fail at a normal family life... and Destroy her own humanity (her Son)
      Thanks, this makes perfect sense!

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
      My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

Not a movie, but there's Marvel/Netflix's Daredevil.

Show is centered around an Eshmaki Nemesis (Daredevil/Matt Murdock), trying to reconcile his own desire for justice while attempting to deny his Horror that just enjoys beating up people. The external conflict about an Anakim Tyrant (Kingpin/Wilson Fisk), trying to make himself the Apex of New York, starting with Hell's Kitchen, and by trying to bring all the other crime families under his control. With the two naturally clashing with each other when their Hungers have a...conflict of interest.

The second season being about a former lover (Elektra) who also happened to be of the same Family and Hunger, trying to go all in with indulging in his Hunger, aka actually killing his targets.

...also when I was first watching the show, it did occur to me that Beast vs Beast conflicts was actually a very fascinating conflict to explore.

Comment

Nightmare on Elm Street! Freddy is an urban legend that gets all up inside your dreams and terrorizes you to death. I can't help but think of Beasts as little Krueggies.
          Last edited by JTroy; 02-03-2017, 08:13 PM. Reason: Typo

I draw things! Wanna check it out? Click on the link below!
          http://kiwi665.deviantart.com/

YES! I do commissions!

Comment

For my recent work on the Beast Player's Guide, I drew inspiration from The Usual Suspects, Spider-Man, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Peter Pan, The Thing, The Ring, and It, among others.

I find almost anything can be inspirational for Beast (or be seen to have Beastly relevance), once you've adjusted your mental 'lens'.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
            WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades
            The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Always found it funny how the most supposedly monstrous splat is easiest to map to Superheroes

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by JTroy View Post
                Nightmare on Elm Street! Freddy is an urban legend that gets all up inside your dreams and terrorizes you to death. I can't help but think of Beasts as little Krueggies.
                This.mI was thinking of Freddie when writing the Lair rules. Him and Pennywise.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post

This.mI was thinking of Freddie when writing the Lair rules. Him and Pennywise.

Between this, Nibbles from CoD and the recent Insatiable, my goal of an all clown villain team gets closer every day.

Comment

While its more specifically working the slasher angle, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon touches on several beats from Beast.

Comment

Beauty and the Beast, anyone? It even has Beast in the title!

​Ok, I know almost nothing about Beast: The Primordial but the way the game seems makes me think it shares a lot of themes, and the antagonist Gaston is much like what I imagine a Hero could look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

​Ok, I know almost nothing about Beast: The Primordial but the way the game seems makes me think it shares a lot of themes, and the antagonist Gaston is much like what I imagine a Hero could look like.

It can work pretty well. Gaston was actually floated as an idea of what a Hero is like back during the Development. I've thought about stating them both out.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

It can work pretty well. Gaston was actually floated as an idea of what a Hero is like back during the Development. I've thought about stating them both out.
                          ​Please show me if you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post

Someone actually wrote up a joke Heroic Gift called 'Gaston's Choreography', the gist of which being that so long as the hero sang and danced, the Beast had no choice but to be a part of the routine, and neither could attack the other.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Working...
                            X