Chamber Similarity, Lair Traits, and Primordial Pathways

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamber Similarity, Lair Traits, and Primordial Pathways

The examples given for imposing Lair Traits in locations similar to a Beast's Chambers (p.101-102) appear to relate more to opening Primordial Pathways, and the penalties listed here are very different from those listed in the Primordial Pathways section. Are the similarity penalties listed there actually relevant to opening Pathways, or are they only applied to Trait imposition?

The Developer has not clarified the matter as far as I'm aware of and the rules are not clear, so there are multiple interpretations of the text.

Comment

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
      The examples given for imposing Lair Traits in locations similar to a Beast's Chambers (p.101-102) appear to relate more to opening Primordial Pathways, and the penalties listed here are very different from those listed in the Primordial Pathways section. Are the similarity penalties listed there actually relevant to opening Pathways, or are they only applied to Trait imposition?
      The wording in the section itself appears to suggest the penalties in question apply to both actions, with the line in the Primordial Pathways writeup about "incurring an additional dice penalty based on how well the location matches" seeming to indicate that the two tables are both considered for rolls to open a Pathway.

There was a fairly lengthy discussion topic about this a couple months ago.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Paradim View Post
        The Developer has not clarified the matter
        Honestly, this would do wonders. The matter is never going to be put to rest until it happens, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
          Honestly, this would do wonders. The matter is never going to be put to rest until it happens, I think.
          Ha! It'll never be put to rest unless it's explicitly written in a book because some people will always claim Death of the Author for Rules As Written arguments against Rules As Intended arguments.

But I'd like to know what was intended regardless, too.

Comment

I think it's easiest to assume it doesn't apply to one another as there's no mention in it's section, or the quick reference sheet at the end of the book.

Comment

Working...
            X