Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Let's Read of Conquering Heroes...by a Sour Unchained (other RPers appreciated!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Okay if I chime in with a character from a homebrew splat (a Grace of Mirrors, from Princess)? If not, I've got a couple of alternative ideas.
    Sure! Just explain it's a homebrew splat first. I'm easygoing about this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RdMarquis View Post
      Okay if I chime in with a character from a homebrew splat (a Grace of Mirrors, from Princess)? If not, I've got a couple of alternative ideas.
      Quick correction!

There's a lot of other people involved, and they may not like the sudden introduction of homebrew. I'd post an OOC message asking if the thread is fine with it first.

Comment

Is Juanita A some sort of supernatural? or just a clued-in mortal?
        Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 01-20-2017, 11:43 AM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          Is Juanita A some sort of supernatural? or just a clued-in mortal?
          That would be spoilers.

I will give you a hint-her fascination with the concept of evil comes part and parcel with her fascination with what is "false" or not.She doesn't believe masks are lies, not inherently-in fact, she'd say the the only time people are being honest with themselves is when they're wearing one, because the mask is something you chose to dawn. This includes disguises; after all, you are making the statement "I want to be this person, even if temporarily".

Comment

*grins with a half-formed spritely glint in my eyes*

Ooooh, this is gonna be fun.
            Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 01-20-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Lelies, could i chime with an Demon: The Fallen character?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                Lelies, could i chime with an Demon: The Fallen character?

Actually...yeah, if the rest of the thread is okay with it. I know Night will go absolutely ga-ga over encountering an actual aspect of God.

I'll ask-if they accept, can I ask if the Elohim is native to the classic or new worlds? An old world Elohim could be a good example of how the Insatiable screw with the natural order.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Actually...yeah, if the rest of the thread is okay with it. I know Night will go absolutely ga-ga over encountering an actual aspect of God.

I'll ask-if they accept, can I ask if the Elohim is native to the classic or new worlds? An old world Elohim could be a good example of how the Insatiable screw with the natural order.
                  oh, i'm really partial to an old world of darkness elohim who .... fell... (get it?) into the new world to escape some stufff. My idea fora plot is that he offers Sir Night a weapn to use against Snyper followers
                  Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 02-10-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

A quick update;

If you were scared away by Night's attitude in the first half, I've reached a point in the story where he's lightened up and realized he was being irrational.

Also, that just because you stabbed your clients in the back for a good cause doesn't make you less backstabby. I also introduced his might-as-well-be-spouse, Juanita Alvarez (she's an eccentric skinthief with a very nuanced view of personality and masks; I haven't gotten into it yet, but the reason she's here now is that Night really being hit with how fragile his friends' lives are taught him to value her company a little more, and so he started letting more directly into his life. He's realized he wasn't keeping her at a distance for her safety, it was because he took her always being around for granted, so it was about time he bit the bullet and actually move forward in their relationship) as a sort of counterpoint as well (she's quite willing and emotionally able to call him out on his more self-righteous traits).

We've also entered into the main plot, which is the hunt for Null Snyper, and discovery of who and what she is, so feel free to add more complications that don't actually reveal she's an Insatiable or what Insatiables are until after the main plot gets around to that. Should be happening in the Beasts section.

Comment

Skinthief? when did that come up? Eh, whatever. I was betting on Fetch myself, but I'm heavily biased toward Changeling. Also, how does skinthiefing work in CoD? Do they still have to hunt down and skin anyone or anything they want to turn into?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                        Skinthief? when did that come up? Eh, whatever. I was betting on Fetch myself, but I'm heavily biased toward Changeling. Also, how does skinthiefing work in CoD? Do they still have to hunt down and skin anyone or anything they want to turn into?
                        It didn't. Not yet; I was planning on revealing that after this conversation; the rules for it are in Dark Eras, and it's been made so that there's a lot more rituals than just skinning. Nita uses a variant of the Aztec Eagle Mystery Warrior rite where she takes a small amount of blood from a pet redtail hawk and uses that to power that mask of hers (in fact, that was the hints I was making with her distinctly Aztec style of rituals and referring to Mictlantechuli as a god-to her, he is the Teotl of the same name).

EDIT: Not coincidentally, the Aztec chapter is the crossover between Demon and the core rulebook. The God-Machine and the Mexica have had a long history together, and by extension that includes the Unchained.
                        Last edited by Leliel; 02-27-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Is this over?
                          Because I've got a couple ideas for pitching in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalzky View Post
                            Is this over?
                            Because I've got a couple ideas for pitching in.
                            Nope, just slow due to a summer intetnship.

Comment

Working...
                            X