Losing one's Lair and Nightmares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing one's Lair and Nightmares

I noticed that one of the Beast transformations involves losing ones Lair and Nightmares. I don't have the book in front of me but I think it was Beast unleashed or something. I can't help but think that this makes a Beast weaker as the Lair trait is used as a power stat on so many other powers. Please correct me if I am wrong

They lose the Lair as a place, not as a power stat.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      They lose the Lair as a place, not as a power stat.
      They also lose it as a Power Stat per the Beast statted in Conquering Heroes.

The ones that become Ephemeral also lose Lair and Nightmares, as well as Atavisms.
      Last edited by lnodiv; 01-15-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
        They also lose it as a Power Stat per the Beast statted in Conquering Heroes.

The ones that become Ephemeral also lose Lair and Nightmares, as well as Atavisms.
        THen the flaw is with Conquering Heroes, because we have the shit for the Rampant spelled out in the core. They maintain their Lair as a stat.

The Unfettered do trade Lair for Rank, that is true.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

THen the flaw is with Conquering Heroes, because we have the shit for the Rampant spelled out in the core. They maintain their Lair as a stat.

The Unfettered do trade Lair for Rank, that is true.
          None of the Rampant in the core have Lair as a Power Stat, and it does not say they maintain Lair as a stat.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
            None of the Rampant in the core have Lair as a Power Stat, and it does not say they maintain Lair as a stat.
            *rereads*

You are correct-I missed the end of the section before the list of options a Rampant can take. And admittedly, given the nature of Atavisms, which a Rampant still has, that seems wrong.

Meh. I would still give them Lair as a Power Stat, but that's me.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I thought the same thing. I thought that Conquering Heroes had typo's, then realized that it was correct and some Beasts really do lose their Lair. Then I thought that this is a real hindrance since so many powers rely on Lair to work.

Comment

*rereads*

You are correct-I missed the end of the section before the list of options a Rampant can take. And admittedly, given the nature of Atavisms, which a Rampant still has, that seems wrong.

Meh. I would still give them Lair as a Power Stat, but that's me.
                They also have bonuses that key off of Lair as part of the Inheritance. I guess it is supposed to be determined by Lair before the transformation, but it's still strange.

In CH it gives what those bonuses are, numerically, but for the Beasts in the Core you have to piece together what their Lair was before they lost it to give the appropriate skill bonuses (because it just says 'gives a bonus to' without saying what the level of the bonus is).

Comment

Working...
                X