Longevity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longevity

Hello there, I have something of an obsession in roleplaying games with gaining eternal life. naturally this means I prefer the vampire game, but I was wondering if there's some way for a Beast to live forever. I'd like to avoid being undead, but dying of old age just doesn't appeal to me, even with the additional 250 years a Beast gets.

Unfettered beasts have eternal life, but retaining your personality isn't a sure thing when you become one. Otherwise beasts can only live to around 350 years.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

You could always get immortality the way others do, bargaining with more powerful beings.

Comment

I was aware of that Milo, I believe I referred to them getting 250 additional years.
        Nofather, bargaining with more powerful beings never ends well, beyond that I like to be self-sufficient, I don't like relying on outside sources. Especially ones that probably want my soul!
        Thank you both for your replies though!

Comment

There were some fan Merit letting to live you TWICE the max in Beast corebook.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

IIRC, Beasts who attain the Incarnate Inheritance stop aging, but can still be killed.

You could also come up with a Merit that increases your lifespan but requires Family Ties with a long lived being, such as vampire, werewolf or changeling.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Even if it is not explictly stated, it seems reasonable to assume any kind of Inheritance Beast is ageless. Nothing else seems to make much sense, in thematic or mystical terms. The Unfettered are pure Astral beings, for the Rampant the physical body is but a meat shell for a wholly dominant Horror, and the Incarnate have achieved a complete, flawless fusion with an immortal being and are empowered and sustained by their Myth. All of them have transcended mortality and cast aside humanity, so age does not have any real meaning for them. And the notion of a top-class mythic monster being felled by old age is just silly. However, any kind of Inheritance Beast can still be destroyed, potentially speaking, and it is quite appropriate for them to face the risk of violent death, although it is very, very hard to kill a Rampant or worse an Incarnate in practice. Admittedly, at the moment I'm oblivious about CoD rules for permanent destruction of an Astral being, spirit, or ghost.
              Last edited by Irioth; 01-16-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                IIRC, Beasts who attain the Incarnate Inheritance stop aging, but can still be killed.

You could also come up with a Merit that increases your lifespan but requires Family Ties with a long lived being, such as vampire, werewolf or changeling.
                I was unaware that the Incarnate stopped aging, since that was already my goal with a beast character, I'd call that a win than. Thinking about it in retrospect, that makes sense though. Thanks for the responces

Comment

Working...
                X