Populating your lair.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.F.I.X. View Post
    I definitely second that staff may be the best method to represent this mechanically rather than purchasing each individual guard as a retainer. This is definitely a case where staff fits better than the retainer merit.

An additional type of creature a beast could use would be hobgoblins I also realized. With the emotions a beast or even their horror causes hobgoblin could just sit back and gather glamour. In exchange for guarding the place they have the promise of energy!
    Can you give me the rundown on hobgoblines? Are they changelings? What abilities/appearance do they have?

Offense is rarely given, but often taken.

Comment

Originally posted by K9ine View Post

Can you give me the rundown on hobgoblines? Are they changelings? What abilities/appearance do they have?
      Hobgoblins are like changelings but they aren't exactly the same. Hobgoblins are things, often animals, that have been twisted by the hedge. In 1e iirc they like changeling had wryd but I don't think it had the same range as a changeling. They also could store and gather glamour like a changeling could they could learn contracts and teach a specail type of contract that often has quite the drawback 'goblin contract'. More or less they can look like almost any fey or such from good or 'bad' fairy tales. The greatest thing about hobgoblins however is the fact that they can establish goblin markets. A place where one can sell or buy anything, memories, physical traits or even mental capacity (skills, Merits, attributes) or ever buy other creatures if your morals are not repulsed.

Hobgoblins are beings of great variety and differences.

Comment

Originally posted by K9ine View Post

This is a good idea for comming up with story hooks, but thematically I want the lair spawn to look a bit like the horror in the lair, and have lessor ativism like abilities.
        Numina can work as lesser activisms. For appearance wise you can recruit ghosts who were created from deaths that reflect your beast. That way they don't look out of place in your lair.

In short though I suggested it because they would be the easiest to gather. The lair trait I proposed would solve most of the issues.

Comment

There could be a Merit that lets you acquire Night Terrors as minions. You could opt for more Night Terrors of lower Rank, or less Night Terrors of higher Rank. I would put a cap based on Lair for further balance.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Working...
          X