Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would beasts react to meeting a group geniuses from genius the transgression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would beasts react to meeting a group geniuses from genius the transgression

One of the reasons i ask is because I've thought that the idea of beasts fighting mad scientists in one the insane bardos would be just truly all kinds of epic

I imagine they'd be able to perceive them much in the same way as they would other 'human-like' as in mages, psychics etc that they refer to as kin. The only non kin called out are demons from demon the decent.

Comment

Their reaction would probably be perplexed. By and Large, Genius's are also the kids who went to college, like mages, but their language takes them to weird places, at times seemingly in denial of their own nature and at other times revelling deep in it. Still, they both share the idea of society lying to itself and building something out of their transgressions, and if Geniuses are more academic and weird about it than Beasts are, that doesn't stop them from both having a night on the town breaking down most people's perceptions. A Genius and Beast can, in fact, go a long way together, as the Beasts discover the flaws in the species and the Geniuses go to improve them.

On the conflict side of things, Beasts aren't as hindered by humanity and Geniuses are, and often roll in deep with the masses, where a Genius at their best just has a hard time reconciling with them. A Genius is more likely to lash out as a response. Beasts get this, but depending on how purpose driven they are, they might lash out with them or end up getting in it with the Genius over the point of lashing out. Another related point of contention is the need of the Genius to do their things away from humanity lest the failure state kick it. Beasts are world-walkers, sure, and they'll enjoy the places the Genius goes, but sooner or later, they have to go back to people, where a Genius might just stay in their closet. A Beast probably won't appreciate how fragile their powers are among the throng, and that can lead to a hell of a thing.

Basically, Beasts are likely to respondto Genius with a "You get it, now come out here and do it." and Geniuses go "You get it, leave that all behind."

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
      Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Sig Sawaa, Kino's Journey

Comment

.here's a related question how would a princess from princess the hopeful react to meeting a group geniuses and I wonder If there's any connection between the light of hope and the light of inspiration
        Last edited by the viking anarch; 01-20-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Inspiration is possibly an alien intelligence enacting it's will through the seizing of minds that mostly fit a certain criteria or is the human capacity for self-transformation magnified beyond control.

The Light of the Hopeful is a remnant of the World Before trying to reassert itself through individuals who sympathize with the metaphysical qualities that it posseses. I make that sound like it's sentient, and it might be, but mostly it's just radiating outward and gets the most out of characters who are catalyzed into lenses for it.

They might be the same, but it's doubtful, because Inspiration seems to be an inherently self-destructive-and-satisified-with-that force that continues to devour itself and others in the process, where as The Light does ultimately push for creative acts and natures that will build better worlds. These things seem at ends with one another, although one might stabilize the other.

As for how Princesses and Geniuses get along, tough to say. Certain of the Princesses(Diamonds, I think) might get along great with Geniuses, unless those Geniuses were preoccupied with building death rays, and that aside, those might get along supremely well. As for every other Princess? Eh. While forward thinking, Princesses tend to always keep at least one eye on the present, and while they certainly work to build a better world in ways that make sense and last(fair and just law systems, sustainable practices as regards the environment, deeper understanding of the humanities, squashing the darkest of systems), Princesses are always going to be involved in the here and now as well. Geniuses are limited as far as working in the here and now goes, in the mean time, and even the good ones are as likely to be set against humanity as for it, driven by their extreme emotions that often keep the focus on themselves rather than outside.

Can they work together? Sure-a Genius that aligns with the Princesses purpose can't ask for a better group of workers, and a genius ready to go out is a massive boon to the Nobilitiy because of the scope of their Wonders. Can they conflict with each other? Far too easily. Geniuses often end up embodying the sort of attitudes and systems that the Nobility regularly throw themselves against.

But at the end of the day, most of the Princesses probably just incline to leave Geniuses alone, and visa versa, really only interacting on the times that a Genius is actually out and about to act. These two mostly have a relationship akin to Moros and Thyrsus from Mage-so opposite in views and problems that they don't even oppose each other so much. The times they cross are either amazing moments that make you believe in what humanity could become, or a clash of significant magnitude.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
          Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Sig Sawaa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by the viking anarch View Post
            .here's a related question how would a princess from princess the hopeful react to meeting a group geniuses
            "Oh, don’t mind us. We’re just watching but um, can we like, be the beautiful lab assistants and shout “It’s Alive!” or something?" - Spades stereotype of mad scientists

Comment

we could probably just link to all the stereotypes, since each of them has one for Geniuses.

P.S. Spades is me as long as they're not the human experimentation type.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
              X