Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would beasts react to meeting a group geniuses from genius the transgression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Are the rules not so great? I just like the lore
    Some people may have formed opinions based on unfavorable readings and prior negative reactions with the gameline's fans (namely, some of them could be referred to as jerks or asshats with some justification).

For point of contrast, I am a fan of the line, even if I acknowledge it has some issues than could (and are) being ironed out.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

So Arcanearts is just not a fan

Comment

So Arcanearts is just not a fan
        On a positive spin of it, I am actually pretty interested in what Malonkey and folks are doing with Second Edition Genius and would hate to see that usurped by an "official" take.Also part of what makes Genius....not great, but of some import is it such a prominent piece as a fan piece, a game by fans for fans, and that sort of ground-up charm would be lost in an official take.

But. Uh. Yeah. I am very definitely not a fan of Genius First Edition. I found the theme and mood lacking representation, relevance, and weight, the world-building nonsensical and contradictory, the characterization of the archetype obnoxious and lackluster, and some of the subtext disturbingly toxic....from just the intro and the first half of Chapter 1. I did read up to the end of Chapter 2 and even liked that chapter and Catalysts, but I just got really burned out on the majority of Chapter 1.

But hey, power to you if you enjoy it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Oh, I just thought you simply did not like it. Pretty good breakdown by the way, from the charm of being made by fans for fans, and for regarding a not very well done execution of presenting the theme, world building, etc.

Comment

Oh, I just thought you simply did not like it. Pretty good breakdown by the way, from the charm of being made by fans for fans, and for regarding a not very well done execution of presenting the theme, world building, etc.
            I may or may not have put some thought into it.
            Dear lord have I put way too much thought into it.

Anyways, while it admittedly does make my eye twitch when people talk about it being canon worthy, I do want to make it clear that I don't want to detract from people who enjoy it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
            Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

No problem, I wish for it to be, but I understand that it would be impractical

Comment

Working...
              X