The Flayer [Insatiable]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Maybe like...a wave. It's so vast and heavy it can crush the soul from your body, and eat whatever's left over down into the depths. The sea foam almost looks like knives, and it sometimes almost looks like a human fist as it comes down on you.

That's off the top of my head. I should go have a look at Conquering Heroes again.
    That ties well to the Traits I settled for his Lair.

Also, I imagine the waters of the wave are so strong that they can flay the flesh off your body until only bone and muscle remain.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

And I finally completed my writeup for (this version of) the Flayer. Enjoy and feel free to adjust some points for your Chronicles, as needed.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

was half expecting D&D illithiads for some rason,,, how well would they fit in beast?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          was half expecting D&D illithiads for some rason,,, how well would they fit in beast?
          Void Insatiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

You took the words right out of my mouth, Satchel.

Damn. Tremere, eh? And a whole cabal of them, if you paint the visiting Moroi in a more sinister light. Still, it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive with my Insatiable if you want to complicate Life for the Orcadian Children.

And the last line about the Apex must be from a more recent version. It's not there on my copy.
            Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

You probably have the version that has the wrong draft of Chapter 6.

And Satchel is dead on.

Edit: That said, it's just one possibility. A really weird Insatiable fits well. Especially if it leaned something from a Tremere along the way...
            I just had a terrifying thought... What would happen if a Lich or Reaper tried to remove a Beast's soul?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post

I just had a terrifying thought... What would happen if a Lich or Reaper tried to remove a Beast's soul?
              I think it was skimmed upon in the Beast core book. That said, I am curious what it would mean for the Lich or Reaper mechanics-wise.

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

IIRC, if they manage, the Beast immediately dies, but they need to travel to the heart to do so.

Comment

Working...
                X