Homebrew Esurients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew Esurients

Seeing as the Insatiables have a lot of potential as antagonists, I wonder what sort of nasty abilities they could develop beyond the ones in Conquering Heroes. Hence, this thread.

Feel free to contribute ideas, and expect a GDoc for all the items if I get plenty enough concepts.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-10-2017, 04:34 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Apocryphal Anatomy
    In addition to the benefits of Impossible Anatomy, all powers that affect the body suffer from a -3 penalty when used against the Insatiable. Furthermore, the Insatiable may spend a point of Satiety to downgrade the roll results of such powers. Successes become failures, while failures are reduced to dramatic failures.

Veiled Presence
    While all Insatiables leave little signs of themselves in the Dark Dream, one with this Esurient can be a virtual ghost. He now inflicts a -4 penalty on all rolls made to search for him. Furthermore, whenever he uses any of his powers, he may reflexively spend a Satiety point to mask its ripples.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-12-2017, 01:00 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Subversion of Kinship
      While most Insatiables must work slowly to gain access to the Lair for the purpose of Subverting it, this Esurient grants them entry through the Beasts' ties with their Kin. By spending a Satiety point while touching someone with the Family Ties Condition, the Insatiable can roll the Beast's Lair as a dice pool. Each success transfers one dot of Lair to him, which fade as if he had performed the Subversion of Hunger.

Subversion of Satiety
      An Insatiable with this Esurient can draw upon the substance of his Begotten prey to serve as building blocks for a Lair. Whenever he slays a Beast's Horror, he may reflexively spend a Satiety point to roll his victim's Satiety score. Success adds dots to his Lair as if he had done so through Satiety Expenditure.
      Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-13-2017, 09:37 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Gatecrasher
        While Beasts can escape into their Lairs through Pathways opened at even slightly resonant places, this Esurient allows an Insatiable to block such routes. By spending Satiety, he may close all Primordial Pathways and keep others from opening within ten yards per point from his location for a scene. Any roll made to create a Pathway is automatically considered a dramatic failure.

The Esurient can also be used to close (and prevent the opening of) other portals such as Avernian Gates, portals into the Hedge, and rifts into the Shadow.

Master of Schisms
        While a locale that hosts his predations may crumble into chaos within a year, the Insatiable who bears this Esurient may remain untouched by its influence for a time. By spending Satiety equal to half its rating, rounded up, as a reflexive action, he becomes immune to the Schism.

Subversion of the Quest
        One of the more devious Esurients that can be harnessed, it allows for the Insatiable to claim a Lair by manipulating a Hero to do her bidding. By spending a Satiety point and making a successful touch action, she marks the Hero with her resonance for a day. She may spend additional Satiety afterwards to extend it by one day per point. If the Hero succeeds in killing the Beast while under the Esurient's effects, he does not acquire a new Gift while ownership of the Lair is transferred to the Insatiable. Lair dots acquired in this manner dissipate at the same rate as those acquired via Subversion of Hunger.
        Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-26-2017, 12:10 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
        X