Questions on Lairs and Chambers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Lairs and Chambers

Being part of a dream space, Lairs and Chambers are governed less by feet and inches, and more by a sort of internally consistent logic, yes? That being the case, how does it shake out when a Chamber (a house, for instance) contains areas that, thematically speaking, could be Chambers in their own right (a basement, or an attic)? Are they all part of the same dream space, and as such are all the same Chamber? Or would you need to assign a separate Chamber for each discrete region? And if the latter, what happens if someone in the 'house' tries to go into the basement-that-isn't-there?

Either is fine. If the Chamber makes sense as a whole spooky house then it's all of it, if instead its more thematic for it to be just one portion of a house (main area, garage, basement, attics, single bathroom, etc) then it is that.

For the second part, again it depends on the thematics. Doors could open into a void for that extra-dimensional fear, or you could go down the stairs to the basement and find yourself coming down the stairs from the second floor back to where you started. Exits can also serve as Burrows to get to other Chambers.

Comment

IIRC, it could be both. If the seperate rooms were chambers, the doorways etc. would be the burrows connecting them.
      If the whole house would be the chamber, then there would be little difference among the different rooms, I think. As in, the attic might be just an open space if its an empty house, or simply filled with stuff if the house is cramped, but you wouldn't have a cramped attic if the rest of the house was empty. If someone enters a basement that isnt there, this could be a possible way to escape the Lair, I guess?
      Don't take my word for it, didn't read it in a while.

Edit: what ElvesofZion said.
      Last edited by Wormwood; 03-02-2017, 05:49 PM. Reason: Boy do I type slowly -.-

Comment

There's also the everpresent "The door is locked/blocked/won't budge." from numerous horror games.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          There's also the everpresent "The door is locked/blocked/won't budge." from numerous horror games.

I'll add, there is a Sealed Exits Lair Trait, to specifically model this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            And then there's the variant of that that Corpse Party recently brought to my attention, which I love, which is "The door is straight-up fake."

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Or you could save some computer resources and just include the handle in the texture instead of adding it to the model.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Thanks for the answers, they were very helpful.

OK, here's one: most Chambers (aside from Hearts) are based on real-world locales. Suppose the Beast (or someone/thing else) performs significant actions in the Chamber, effectively redecorating the space it's based on (knocking holes in walls, moving boxes, etc.). Would this have any effect on the real-world area, if done while the Primordial Pathways remain closed?

Comment

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                  Would this have any effect on the real-world area, if done while the Primordial Pathways remain closed?
                  No. In the same way that altering a photo of a location will not affect the real location.

Comment

Working...
                  X