Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast Questions

Still have not read it all yet.
    1. As a beast are you A. an ancient thing that has been since the beginning B.Dreamed up recently c. Both are possible
    2.Does the book give Grendel as an example? Would Beowulf be an example of a Hero? Where would they fit in Beast?

Answer the first: both. Smaug, Slender, or a Wendigo are all totally viable as Begotten.

Answer the second: it does explicitly reference Grendel twice. Once in the inspirational sources list in the beginning, and then again later. Beowulf would work as an example of a Hero, and a good one.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

Originally posted by princeofcincinnati View Post
      Still have not read it all yet.
      1. As a beast are you A. an ancient thing that has been since the beginning B.Dreamed up recently c. Both are possible
      2.Does the book give Grendel as an example? Would Beowulf be an example of a Hero? Where would they fit in Beast?

1 - Either, Or. The main thing about Beasts is that they embody a primordial fear (weakness, destruction, the unknown depths, open exposure and that which is abhorrent), something that mankind has dreaded since they first emerged on this earth. However, the manner in which you represent that fear can be modernized for the time period you're in. Monsters of today might look very different from the monsters of our ancestors, but the underlying themes remain the same.

2. I believe it does, yes. I don't remember exactly where, but I think there's a section in the book that provides examples of inspirational Beasts.
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 03-22-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

What would happen if a Beast had Fame Merit 3, Advanced Fame Merit 3 and spend a Satiety point to use Alien allure(Fame 5)?

Comment

I'd say Alien Allure doesn't stack with them. I mean fame and advanced fame are both listed as stacking, so no problem there. Alien Allure says it makes people treat you like you had a fame rating of whatever. It doesn't actually give it to you. So basically if alien allure exceeded your fame then I'd go with that, if it didn't then you'd be stuck with your fame merits. So flaring Alien Allure would not suddenly burst you to fame 11, nor would it make so people act like it.

Comment

to deal with an international Lair?
            I have a player who decided to have chambers in more than one continent. Can he use the same time to travel between chambers in different continents?

Comment

He would have to enter his lair somehow, then exit his lair via primordial pathway to the new area, but yes it would be a simple thing to do. In fact as long as he knows where he wants to go(not just a generic knows) he can go anywhere in a few moments with a bit of willpower and some rolls. You don't even have to use a chamber location, that just reduces the penalties to rolling. Other realms are entirely possible as well.

Comment

Working...
              X