Anima Mundi monsters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anima Mundi monsters

I prepear Astral travel for cabal of high 'level' mages to the Chantry of archmaster they look for. 'Hide out' of Archmaster is in the Astral Realm of Moon. So I'm writing here if Beast's fans can help me create some cool 'monsters' by the way there. In Astral Realms book I read that in Anima Mundi there are legends of hidden 'Titans', once attacking humanity, but then locked in Anima by Atlantis mages. In book they are called Typhonides and seems a lot like Beggoten on the quote of book:

Originally posted by Astralm Realms, p. 77
    Chittering, rasping sounds herald the Typhonides, children of Typhon and Echidna. These primordial monsters gnaw at the Spire Perilous at the command of their parents, undoing the violations of ages past.
    There are simple 'mindless' Typhonides shown in Astral book, but I was thinking about much more Horror's levels threat, ancient monsters locked in Anima. As I plan the travel, I think about general four 'Titans' - Earth ( inside of Omphalos great darkness, when you enter it's realm, maybe something like 'Great Wyrm' ), Life? ( Something in Dreaming Earth - there are only giant animals then something like that? ), Air ( in the Cthonic Domain of Neuth, Sky ) and Void ( as PCs will travel from Neuth to Moon Realm ).

I suppose those things will be Horrors-like, but I'm not having as much experience with Astral. If you have other interpretations or ideas to steal monsters or just 'race' ready from Beast's setting, I'm also more than please to read them here. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-26-2017, 08:28 AM.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Some mages think the Dreamborn (embodiments of the personality traits of the universe) are primordial Titans.

More pertinently, I can think of two Astral beasts that are good Horrors; Deadhead (a mummified head that trades information for body parts; sounds like an Anakim Collector to me), and the Waxmen (avatars of hallucinations; one could be rephrased as an unusually pretty Namtaru, who's more repellent because he is so obviously a stranger than a gorgon. Possibly with a Hunger for Ruin, focusing on the breakdown of the conventional and the "sane", if the Waxman is a good monster the "sanity" he focuses on being primarily toxic ideologies and cult behavior).

Comment

There is also the possibility old Pangeans are sleeping in the Anima Mundi, they might be these Titans so to speak. Pangeans use to have a lot of power, they might still be just as powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Freederp92 View Post
        There is also the possibility old Pangeans are sleeping in the Anima Mundi, they might be these Titans so to speak. Pangeans use to have a lot of power, they might still be just as powerful.
        I second that. And if that is the case, would they follow the rules from Sundered World more or less?

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

I second that. And if that is the case, would they follow the rules from Sundered World more or less?

I would run them as SW layed them out. The Anima Mundi kinda resembles the Sundered World in some regard, possibly they have changed some and become warped? Maybe they inspired the powers of Beast. Can you form kinship with a Pangean?

Comment

Hmm. I'd say they could.

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Well, the Pangeans in the Shadow ended up mostly becoming spirits post-Sundering, so I would think that those in the Astral would either be Astral themselves, or be the Astral reflections of the Pangeans, as warped by millennia of conceptual drift and mortal telling and retelling of their myths.

Many would probably be weird amalgam archetype-gods that are an unstable mishmash of the various interpretations human cultures have of them (for example, a Cow-God who might vacillate between a docile creature of fertility that produces milk that offers immortality, and an indestructible, unstoppable juggernaut bull pretty much at random), or might be spread so thinly that they exist as a hive-mind entity made up of various members of that former Pangean's corresponding creature, perhaps like a less-malevolent host. So you might have a Lion Pangean that takes the form of a pride of lions, each with their own personalities and wills but sharing the same drives, knowledge, memories and influences.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
              "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
              "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Working...
              X