Persona 5 is Beast the Primordial... from the Heroes' perspective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persona 5 is Beast the Primordial... from the Heroes' perspective

Well, not quite. But I can't be the only one who sees the connection between moving through a Beast's Lair to place an Anathema and infiltrating a Shadow's Palace to steal a Treasure.

Also, quite a few of the Shadows had motivations very reminiscent of the Hungers from BtP.

Interesting. I always thought the Thieves of Hearts themselves were Beasts, with a shared Hunger for Hoard and their Personas being their Horrors.

Comment

It's got a little Astral in it and you could change it up to fit Beast or a straight Astral game but it's not a direct conversion.

Comment

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/beast-the-primordial-aa/968741-unexpected-beast-inspiration-persona-5

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

(psst: you can do this for a lot of media, because heroes are the good guys!)

2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
            (psst: you can do this for a lot of media, because heroes are the good guys!)
            Most media isn't about going into otherworld dreamscapes and fighting astral representations of humanities worst aspects in the form of mythical monsters...

Comment

Given how predatory they are and their overall goal to reform criminals by terrorizing them, the Phantom Thieves are much closer to Beasts who fight against other Beasts who have gone far, far off the deep end (or, for a better fit, Beasts who specifically hunt mortals who don't have a major supernatural template, but who have a miscellaneous ability to affect the Temenos or the Primordial Dream).

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
              [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
              [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
                Given how predatory they are and their overall goal to reform criminals by terrorizing them, the Phantom Thieves are much closer to Beasts who fight against other Beasts who have gone far, far off the deep end (or, for a better fit, Beasts who specifically hunt mortals who don't have a major supernatural template, but who have a miscellaneous ability to affect the Temenos or the Primordial Dream).
                Humans who could be Heroes but still have enough sense of self to not go on the Hunt? They still can effect the Dream because they are connected to it. (They probably are close to dropping into Hero Status but "Something" doesn't allow that to happen.)
                Last edited by RickmanUK; 04-09-2017, 04:34 AM.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by RickmanUK View Post

Humans who could be Heroes but still have enough sense of self to not go on the Hunt? They still can effect the Dream because they are connected to it. (They probably are close to dropping into Hero Status but "Something" doesn't allow that to happen.)

are we talking about the Shadow Thieves or their targets?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

are we talking about the Shadow Thieves or their targets?
                    Their targets. Sorry should have been Clear, The Phantom Thieves themselves are all begotten.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

See above. It's hard to believe the Thieves have not undergone a Devouring when the literal final boss is

the goetic manifestation of patronizing, egotistical "heroism" that views itself as right just because it is heroism.

Also, Futaba's induction is a classic older sibling-induced Devouring after chasing off an Unfettered.

Comment

Though, actually...

I think Palace Keepers are a good antagonist; they're humans who have grown so feared and hated by people around them that they've essentially become the local Apex of their Hive. Not the entire Hive, mind, but they exert enough influence to form an echo of themselves in the Dream, and that forms a free-floating Lair whose purpose is to give its unknowing master whatever they want. This manifests in many ways, but one is invariably as a steadfast refusal of the people around them to censure their behavior for whatever reason; because they're key to the group, they're too strong, they "mean so well"...

Needless to say, Beast enjoy crushing them, both for the free Chambers and you don't become the Apex without any supernatural touch at all by being a nice person.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                          Though, actually...

I think Palace Keepers are a good antagonist; they're humans who have grown so feared and hated by people around them that they've essentially become the local Apex of their Hive. Not the entire Hive, mind, but they exert enough influence to form an echo of themselves in the Dream, and that forms a free-floating Lair whose purpose is to give its unknowing master whatever they want. This manifests in many ways, but one is invariably as a steadfast refusal of the people around them to censure their behavior for whatever reason; because they're key to the group, they're too strong, they "mean so well"...

Needless to say, Beast enjoy crushing them, both for the free Chambers and you don't become the Apex without any supernatural touch at all by being a nice person.
                          Ooh, then could they be a mortal sub-splat of sorts to Beasts?

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Ooh, then could they be a mortal sub-splat of sorts to Beasts?

I dig this so much. I feel like you would need a pre-requisite of Status 5 or some other social merit to reflect your social power, like Retainers. And your powers would be entirely defensive.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                              Though, actually...

Do you mind if i post this in the 'Nightmares and Dreamscapes' thread? It's all about things in the Primordial Dream other than Beasts and Lairs, and It's a little sparse.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Working...
                              X