No announcement yet.

Beast Storyteller's Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the mortality of Beasts, I think they gain an extra decade to their Lifespan for each Lair dot above 5, extending their life span. And I think some of their Inheritances make them Immortal to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradim View Post
      Regarding the mortality of Beasts, I think they gain an extra decade to their Lifespan for each Lair dot above 5, extending their life span.
      It's much more generous than that - every dot of Lair above 5 adds 50 years to their lifespan.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
        It's much more generous than that - every dot of Lair above 5 adds 50 years to their lifespan.

That is really generous! Lot of time there to help build yourself into the immortality of the Beast Incarnate, if that's what someone wants, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
          I still feel like Beasts don't really have many things to do aside from "Feed" and "Fight Heroes". They added "Make a cult" to the list, but cults are a thing common to a decent number of gamelines to begin with.
          After pondering long and hard on this question a while back, I eventually came to the conclusion that Beast is secretly a really weird slice-of-life game.

Comment

I've always found this to be a complaint common to this game (I myself have this opinion)

beast works really well in both emphasizing
            and contrasting themes of other gamelines when in crossover. by itself it does not have much to do unless you are very good at sandbox play. personally I hope a storytellers guide is made to address this issue

EDIT: I should add, beast also are very capable of bringing cokpletely new themes to games through crossover too
            Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 04-25-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

You don't need sandbox play to get in crossover.

There's a reason the whole Apex concept exists, and why it can explicitly be something else besides one of the Begotten.

The ST can just set up the game where there's an active power-struggle between different factions in another supernatural group both including potential Apexes for the area. This immediately impacts any Beasts that live there (so instant call to action rather than waiting for the PCs to decide to explore that part of the sandbox), and easily sets up a story around Kinship, politics, and helping determine the Primordial landscape of the area.

Comment

True Facts, Beast is basically the Chronicles version of Golden Sky Stories.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                  You don't need sandbox play to get in crossover.

There's a reason the whole Apex concept exists, and why it can explicitly be something else besides one of the Begotten.

The ST can just set up the game where there's an active power-struggle between different factions in another supernatural group both including potential Apexes for the area. This immediately impacts any Beasts that live there (so instant call to action rather than waiting for the PCs to decide to explore that part of the sandbox), and easily sets up a story around Kinship, politics, and helping determine the Primordial landscape of the area.
                  I didnt say it needed to be a sandbox for crossover. I stated that it is a game that works best through sandbox play than the other gamelines (though, I did originally say you NEED a group who is good with sandbox style play to play a beast only game, which is not true)

Comment

I don't have a good place to put this, and it seems a bit much to make a thread, so here goes stuff I just want down.

"A god is just a monster you kneel to."-Michael Voght, Fall of Gods

"I ask of thee-art thou mankind?""Nay! I am the world-the world inside the gourd."-Gakuto Mikumo, The Mystic Archives of Dantalion

"Mercy and compassion are virtues that only the strong are privileged to possess. And I am strong."-Ryohgo Narita, Baccano!

"I'm an existence called "evil" now. And if evil is supposed to disrupt the divine and be a force of chaos, it's only natural for me to upset the laws of a god."
                    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 07-13-2019, 02:02 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                    X