[w/Princess] Odd Friends-Don't Mess with a Princess and Her Dragon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post
    Hearts: This is something that confuses me: How is Civilization the opposite of Beasts? Civilization has just as many scary things as Primordial lurking in it. I'd think one of the first lessons Beasts taught to man was 'It's dangerous to go it alone, there is safety in numbers." Though this might just be difference of opinion, in which case, okay.
    The Primordial Dream is, to quote Dave Brockshaw "humanity's evolutionary instincts and underlying animal psychology."

By Civilisation I mean that Hearts represents all the attempts to control and tame that inner animal through rules and social traditions.

Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post
    [*]Swords - Could you elaborate a bit more on this one? I'm a little confused by what you're trying to say here.
    Swords embrace self sacrifice. So if fear exists to keep you safe, what does fear say to someone who is able to willingly die for another?

Does fear think they need a double sized lesson to keep them safe? Or does fear think they've gone beyond the need for lessons? (Or does fear just say "safe" doesn't apply to Princesses since they come back from the dead anyway).

Also, noticed you didn't say anything about Spades or Clubs.
    Nothing came to mind.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
    My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
    Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
      Swords embrace self sacrifice. So if fear exists to keep you safe, what does fear say to someone who is able to willingly die for another?

Does fear think they need a double sized lesson to keep them safe? Or does fear think they've gone beyond the need for lessons? (Or does fear just say "safe" doesn't apply to Princesses since they come back from the dead anyway).
      Or maybe they need a lesson in how their self-sacrificing nature hurts others? I don't really know, Beasts also might decide, "You're not afraid to die for others? I can respect that."

Clubs... I guess a Nemesis dedicated to scaring people who pollute might be inclined to work with a Clubs Princess, though they might argue about whether using fear is a good tool for environmentalism or not.

Spades... part of me wants to say they might team up with a Beast to create the ultimate Horror Attraction.

Comment

Going as far as dying for others does not really mean you are not scared. Humans do plenty of things that scare them, for different reasons, everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
          * To be honest, I'm not sure if that actually would give you teaching powers. "You will fail if you don't study harder" sounds like something a Princess of Diamonds would be scared of; not why she's scary to others. Kinship Nightmares for Diamonds would probably be something like: "You're nice blue collar culture is going to become obsolete", or "Everything you think you know is in question".
          Isn't it obvious? It's the Final Exam, and You're Naked.

Comment

That sounds more like what a Princess of Diamonds would be afraid off (if she dosn't find exams exciting instead). But I don't think a Diamond would be likely to scare Mary Mortal into having that dream, in the way that Mary would be terrified that a Mekhet knew her secrets.
            Last edited by The Kings Raven; 10-01-2017, 07:05 AM.

Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

A fair number of the Kinship Nightmares Beast provides are built around things the Kin are afraid of - Your Rage Consumes You on Death Rage, You are Better Than Them on mages' hubris, Everyone Hates You on Disquiet, Tabula Rasa on mummies' losing Memory.

By the way, that would make You Couldn't Save Them or You Let Them Die reasonable Princess-based Nightmares - the horror of having to watch while something awful happens, unable to intervene, or the burden of survivor's guilt.

Comment

Fair point.

So. Would It's the Final Exam, and You're Naked make the target a better student, or make them panic and forget learned knowledge?

Comment

... Do you find that being naked in public helps you be a better student? I can't speak from personal experience, but if it did I'd be very much surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
                    ... Do you find that being naked in public helps you be a better student? I can't speak from personal experience, but if it did I'd be very much surprised.

I suppose it depends on the course in question. And the student's proclivities.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                      Fair point.

So. Would It's the Final Exam, and You're Naked make the target a better student, or make them panic and forget learned knowledge?
                      The latter, I think.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
                        That's what I thought. But you did bring it up in response to me saying the potential for Nightmares that directly make people better students would be a major attracting factor in Beast/Diamonds relationships.

Comment

It did good things for speech class.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                          Work Blog Coming Soon
                          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                            It did good things for speech class.
                            ... I thought that was suppose to be the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post

... I thought that was suppose to be the other way around.
                              People were too distracted by my dong and getting security to pay critical attention to my discourse. PLus, if you can deliver a speech naked, you ain't got nothing to worry about in clothes.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                              Work Blog Coming Soon
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                People were too distracted by my dong and getting security to pay critical attention to my discourse.
                                Your past has murkier things in it than I dreamed was possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X