A New Hunger Has Been Revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Hunger Has Been Revealed

See This guy ? He's a new beast who was previewed on the Monday Meeting notes of 10/11/2017. And in the image URL it's stated that image represents "The Hunger for Transgression"
    Interesting enough this guy is feeding his hunger by... feeding his hunger. By eating too much bacon he's trangressing the rules of society and the church and in this way he feeds his beastly hunger,that's clever!

I love that! That was one of the Hungers I was hoping for. I can't wait to see how it works. Or for that matter, what they're called.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
    Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

For a moment i thought the thread was a joke about how the new hunger will be a Hunger for Bacon :P

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
        For a moment i thought the thread was a joke about how the new hunger will be a Hunger for Bacon :P
        ,that'd be pretty funny

Comment

How about we call them "the Edgelords"

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
            I had the same thought! XD

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
            Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Interesting enough this guy is feeding his hunger by... feeding his hunger. By eating too much bacon he's trangressing the rules of society and the church and in this way he feeds his beastly hunger,that's clever!
              Close, but no cigar...

These Beasts let people hang themselves by their own rope. They just provide incentive (or so they would say).
              Last edited by Yossarian; 10-10-2017, 04:14 PM.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
              I podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                These Beasts let people hang themselves by their own rope. They just provide incentive (or so they would say).
                So rather than transgressing themselves, the sustenance liesin encouraging others to transgress?

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                  So rather than transgressing themselves, the sustenance liesin encouraging others to transgress?
                  Indeed!

They're (sometimes) the supply side of what Nemeses punish.

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

They're (sometimes) the supply side of what Nemeses punish.
                    Of course some rules deserve to be transgressed, which makes it interesting...

Does the transgression need to be witnessed by third parties? Does the transgressor need to be feel bad for what they've done, and/or be ostracised by others for it? Or are those scales that determine the size of the meal?

Also, that's both of them, right? Transgression and Secrets - I seem to recall it being only two new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                      Of course some rules deserve to be transgressed, which makes it interesting...

Does the transgression need to be witnessed by third parties? Does the transgressor need to be feel bad for what they've done, and/or be ostracised by others for it? Or are those scales that determine the size of the meal?

Also, that's both of them, right? Transgression and Secrets - I seem to recall it being only two new ones.
                      Without getting too detailed, Transgression is about "Oh shit, what have I done". The Beast is the honeypot or the intimidating force that gets you there, but you have to make the choice. A victim can't be forced to transgress. There's some wiggle room on that in terms of how truthful the Beast has to be, but the Horror won't be satisfied if you just, say, secretly slip meat into a vegan's salad.

It can be public or private, as long as you care about the thing you transgressed and you feel the gravity of your actions (which isn't necessarily feeling bad about it). That can be anything from forsaking a tenet of faith to betraying a good friend. And yes, that's both the new Hungers. I don't think the Families have been revealed yet(?)
                      Last edited by Yossarian; 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

It can be public or private, as long as you care about the thing you transgressed and you feel the gravity of your actions (which isn't necessarily feeling bad about it). That can be anything from forsaking a tenet of faith to betraying a good friend.
                        Fascinating.

It sounds like it lends itself to Lessons pretty well. As I said before, some rules deserve to be transgressed, but maybe you need the push to do so - and the human capacity to rationalise after the act, or resentment born of the subsequent ostracism - to realise that. Or else some rules do matter or should, and someone wavering on them might be pushed into breaking them (or a weaker version of them) "early," with the subsequent guilt cementing their commitment. Or if you have clashing ideals, setting you up so they conflict will prove which one you value more. (I'm not saying doing any of that is "good" - or saying couldn't be - just that it's well matched to the concept of teaching).

And yes, that's both the new Hungers. I don't think the Families have been revealed yet(?)
                        If they have, I've missed it.

Comment

I don't think the Families have been revealed yet(?)
                          I didn't knew that we are getting new Families! I remember that Matt has made a thread about the subject at the very beginning of the Player Guide about the general opinion about the subject, but not a definite "yes, you are getting new Families". I must say it makes me even more thrilled for this book- and also mean I should postpone the plans I have for a new homebrew Family to see if the concept of "Fear of Control" already gets an official treatment. I prefer to not waste efforts on what may be an obsolete homebrew.

Still, super excited- between that and a Dark Mother Cultists, I think I have a lot to expect from this book

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                          I now blog in here

Comment

Without getting too detailed, Transgression is about "Oh shit, what have I done". The Beast is the honeypot or the intimidating force that gets you there, but you have to make the choice. A victim can't be forced to transgress. There's some wiggle room on that in terms of how truthful the Beast has to be, but the Horror won't be satisfied if you just, say, secretly slip meat into a vegan's salad.

It can be public or private, as long as you care about the thing you transgressed and you feel the gravity of your actions (which isn't necessarily feeling bad about it). That can be anything from forsaking a tenet of faith to betraying a good friend. And yes, that's both the new Hungers. I don't think the Families have been revealed yet(?)
                            Thank you for letting us know. I'm very pleased to hear that that's how they function. It saves me the effort of homebrewing them. Are they by chance called Enticers? That was the name I'd been planning on using.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                            Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Thank you for letting us know. I'm very pleased to hear that that's how they function. It saves me the effort of homebrewing them. Are they by chance called Enticers? That was the name I'd been planning on using.
                              They aren't Enticers, but I don't know that it's my place to reveal the nickname yet. True facts: I went through about three or four names in my second draft before I settled on [REDACTED]. It was weirdly difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X