A New Hunger Has Been Revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    I didn't knew that we are getting new Families!
    It was in some thread or other a while back, two new ones of each. The other Hunger is Secrets - less about learning someone's secrets than the moment they find out someone knows. But I know nothing about the Families.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

They aren't Enticers, but I don't know that it's my place to reveal the nickname yet. True facts: I went through about three or four names in my second draft before I settled on [REDACTED]. It was weirdly difficult.
      Thank you for answering, anyway. I totally understand not being able to reveal too much. Would you be willing to tell us the names that didn't make the cut once their final name is revealed?

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
      Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

If my Kickstarter hits $10K before I go to bed tonight, I'll reveal the nickname and the names of the two new Families.

(This is me, expressing Hunger for...Pledges, I guess.)

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post
          If my Kickstarter hits $10K before I go to bed tonight, I'll reveal the nickname and the names of the two new Families.

(This is me, expressing Hunger for...Pledges, I guess.)
          Well lucky us, it looks to be at $10548

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

They aren't Enticers, but I don't know that it's my place to reveal the nickname yet. True facts: I went through about three or four names in my second draft before I settled on [REDACTED]. It was weirdly difficult.
            Hm. I'm going to take a stab at Tempters (for very obvious reasons) or Panders.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
              Well lucky us, it looks to be at $10548

Not quite that much, but still over $10K!

Ok, then. Hunger for Transgressions = Enables.

The new Families are the Inguma (Nightmares of the Other) and the Talassii (Nightmares of Confinement).

Thanks, and good night!

Comment

The new Families are the Inguma (Nightmares of the Other) and the Talassii (Nightmares of Confinement).

Thanks, and good night!
                Stupid, stupid typos... I meant $10048

But thanks Matt! Inguma was the Basque god of dreams and nightmares. Not sure about Talassii though.

CofD booklists:
                Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Thanks, and good night!
                  Thanks matt,That's really my jam

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                    Stupid, stupid typos... I meant $10048

But thanks Matt! Inguma was the Basque god of dreams and nightmares. Not sure about Talassii though.
                    Talassio was a Roman or Etruscan demon invoked when a bride was first taken to her husband's house. He was connected to the kidnapping of the Sabine women.

Comment

I know a lot of people have been using Makara to represent dangerous, inescapable places... looks like the Talassii could be butting in on that.

Inguma whose Horror takes the form of a Xenomorph, anyone?

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Or Inguma taking on Lovecraftian-horrors in general.

Either way, hype is real for Beast PG.

Comment

Talassii sounds very neat and possibly more fitting than an npc I have classified as a Namtaru that chases people around in an enclosed space.

Not quite sure what Inguma means for "fear of The Other". Is it a more of a straight forward Freddy Krueger-esque family that represents the fear of going to sleep?

Comment

Fear of the Other could go some really uncomfortable places. Hoping for a delicate touch with that one.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

A Hunger that revolves around societal taboos?

Yes, please!

I can totally see this as the Beast providing others with the means to break away from tradition and expectations, before sending anonymous tips to those in charge of investigating such activities.

Thanks, and good night!

Well, I've got a general idea of what form an Inguma might take (somebody from another world / culture?)

But how does one play as an avatar of confinement?

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
                              I know a lot of people have been using Makara to represent dangerous, inescapable places... looks like the Talassii could be butting in on that.

Inguma whose Horror takes the form of a Xenomorph, anyone?
                              I saw the Makara as being the fear of getting dropped into an environment you aren't suited to. Like somebody from a wealthy gated community waking up to find themselves dumped in the back alley streets of the downtown ghetto.
                              Last edited by Nyrufa; 10-12-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                                Well, I've got a general idea of what form an Inguma might take (somebody from another world / culture?)
                                'The monster races.' I'd imagine it can be people from other cultures or areas just like it could be something from outside a person's general understanding, like greys or Slenderman. One of the benefits of the open nature of the fears, I think.

But how does one play as an avatar of confinement?
                                Aside from the obvious being imprisoned physically, things like 'You signed a contract and I have a law firm at my disposal," or "You work for me, and with one phone call I can make sure no one else will ever hire you." I remember an X-files episode where an AI made agent Mulder think he had his legs amputated, potentially keeping him from going anywhere. Or a simple, 'I love you and there's nothing you can do about it' type of stalker who just won't give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X