A New Hunger Has Been Revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nofather View Post

Aside from the obvious being imprisoned physically, things like 'You signed a contract and I have a law firm at my disposal," or "You work for me, and with one phone call I can make sure no one else will ever hire you." I remember an X-files episode where an AI made agent Mulder think he had his legs amputated, potentially keeping him from going anywhere. Or a simple, 'I love you and there's nothing you can do about it' type of stalker who just won't give up.

I also vaguely recall that episode. And I am reminded of that movie where a writer is held captive by his 'biggest fan' while she forces him to rewrite his latest book, because she doesn't like the way it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
      But how does one play as an avatar of confinement?
      Gerald’s Game. Misery. The Mist. Cabin in the Woods. Cloverfield Lane. Evil Dead. Saw. The Shining. The Haunting of Hill House. House of Leaves. Arabian Nights.

Just a few points of inspiration off the top of my head.

Aims to write stuff you like.
      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
      CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
      The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        Fear of the Other could go some really uncomfortable places. Hoping for a delicate touch with that one.
        To be fair, Beast has kinda already gone there.

We do already have a Dark Era for Beast set in Reconstruction South, which fully admits that "Yeah, there were Beasts on both sides and who are REALLY passionate about defending their sides".

Comment

The Hype is real. Both new families are nice, though I have to admit that the Hunger for Transgression is more than epic: It is necessary. That it PERFECTLY fits my Therapist-Makara who is somewhere between Hannibal and Will Graham has nothing to do with this assessment, why do you ask? =P

No seriously. Beast in general is a very neat exploration of Monster Theory, and one thing that has been a bit missing so far was the instigator role, the tempter-monster that causes monstrousness in others. Well, no more. Kudos!

Comment

Thanks Matt for the news! At the risk of sounding mechanics obsessed, I'm really eager to see what Atavisms those guys come in with - if only because this will open nice new combinations with the other existing Families.

Comment

Here here,

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments being presented here. Plus this upcoming weekend is my tabletop gaming group's two year anniversary for our own Beast: the Primordial Chronicle, so the reveal of the two new Families and new Hunger will generate much hype at our get together.

Comment

Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                Thanks Matt for the news! At the risk of sounding mechanics obsessed, I'm really eager to see what Atavisms those guys come in with - if only because this will open nice new combinations with the other existing Families.
                What Atavisms do they come with? Good ones, appropriate for the niche they occupy.

Aims to write stuff you like.
                WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
                CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
                The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

What Atavisms do they come with? Good ones, appropriate for the niche they occupy.

Great! Now to put these on Makaras or the like for wonderful mixed monstrosities

Comment

With new Atavisms coming packaged with these new families, would it be safe to assume new Nightmares as well? Nightmares of the other sound pretty fun.

Comment

Are we sure that "Fear of the Other" is reflecting the other as in othered groups, rather than the other as in other people at all? What if it's demophobia rather than xenophobia, or paranoia rather than tribalism?
                      Last edited by SunlessNick; 10-12-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

You mean something like "The Fear of Betrayal"?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                          Are we sure that "Fear of the Other" is reflecting the other as in othered groups, rather than the other as in other people at all? What if it's demophobia rather than xenophobia, or paranoia rather tha tribalism?
                          I haven't read the draft in a while, but yeah, it's more about a broader fear of strangers and outsiders than *specifically* xenophobia, etc., which does fall under their wheelhouse, but that's not the emphasis.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                          I podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love

Comment

Ooh, they could have an Atavism that makes them into multiple copies of themselves; 'One's a Crowd' or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Very good ones!

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: Curses of Caine in Blood and SmokeTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                              I podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post
                                Ooh, they could have an Atavism that makes them into multiple copies of themselves; 'One's a Crowd' or something like that.
                                Sounds more like a Nightmare, if I'm honest. Creating hallucinations of 'clones' that get more real with Satiety Expenditure, Exceptional Success and so on.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Working...
                                X