A New Hunger Has Been Revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webbing feels straight forward to me.

Normal: Roll Dexterity + Firearms vs Dexterity + Athletics, on a success you apply the immobilized tilt, characters may try to break free like normal. The Durability of your webbing is equal to Lair.

Low Satiety: Anyone caught may make at most Stamina attempts to escape, after that they're physically tired, paralysed by venom, psychically compelled to give in. Whatever fits your charachter.

Satiety Expenditure: You make a medium burst as per the autofire rules.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
    My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
    Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
      Actually, Monster from the Deep is a straight up attack. You slam the target with a tentacle, or similar appendage.
      On second thoughts, you're actually right. Monster from the Deep is a tentacle-based damaging Atavism, so there is plenty of room for a tentacle-based entrapping Atavism tied to the Fear of Confinement. Of course, it might be tentacles, multiple limbs, constricting spires.

Comment

Well, you can grapple things with Monster from the Deep, but it severly eats away at your Satiety.
        So yeah, something that helps constricting and stuff would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post

At this point, I think we could really benefit from a Dual Hungers Merit. I think it could give a lot of wiggle room for character concepts: a Beast like the one you described above could be an Enabler/Nemesis, tempting people to break their taboos and then humiliating them as punishment, or a Beast with the Hungers of Transgressions/Ruin, who loves watching people ruin their reputations by giving in to their darkest, most shameful desires.
          I dearly wish we can get a Dual Hunger Merit in the Player's Guide, since it would enable many character concepts. In the meanwhile, here's my own proposal:

Broad Palate (•••)
          Prerequisite: Beast, Composure 3, Resolve 3
          Effect: This Merit gives your character a second Hunger, an alternate method of gaining Satiety.
          Drawback: The Horror's expanded palate makes it gluttonous. Add +1 to the character's threshold for Low Satiety for the purpose of Inflicting Nightmares (i.e. the character's Horror goes wandering for sustenance at Satiety 4 or lower). Additionally, the character adds +1 to the threshold for High Satiety for the purpose of gaining and resolving Satiety Conditions (i.e. the character must reach Satiety 8 to resolve the Sated Condition and gain the Gorged Condition).

Comment

Will we finally get merits and things to populate Lairs with minions and props? Can there be a Lair Trait where inanimate objects in your Lair gain sentience like the Beast's Castle in Beauty and the Beast?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
              Will we finally get merits and things to populate Lairs with minions and props? Can there be a Lair Trait where inanimate objects in your Lair gain sentience like the Beast's Castle in Beauty and the Beast?
              Well, you can already represent that in part with Lair Traits - hell, you could make up a specific one like 'Animate' or something - but that would be nice to have as something with a little more distinctiveness to it.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Working...
              X