Gateway Lair Traits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
    $80 bucks US will buy 1320 feet of barbed wire. So I mean probably not have it shipped to your place, but not impossible to get in less rural areas.

Not that raiding a recycle bin and some trash cans for a few discarded bottles wouldn't work and be fairly cheap too.
    Oh, absolutely. In order to prepare stuff to activate this Trait, beasts could buy some barbed wire, cut it or tear it apart with Cyclopean Strength or Titanic Blow, and carry the bits with the barbs. Alternatively, they can carry a few discarded bottles and smash them when they need some broken glass.

Comment

Not to rain on any parades, but.. I dunno, would those work?

It has to mechanically match the environmental tilt, AND be an AoE or it wouldn't even qualify as an environmental tilt. I don't thing jars of bugs, especially fruitflies, would qualify. Some lair traits look easy from the name, but turn out a bit harder to get a full on Environmental Tilt out of. I kinda wish a few had been combined for mechanical grace and balance. Poor lighting and a few others do very similar things, I wish it had been merged into Poor Visibility, for example. Iirc, Mirages sounded great, but it was actually weaker than a lot of weaker lair traits.

Comment

Preparing a few areas for lair similarity is ideal, but being able to create similarity of at least some sort on the fly is a good deal. I think that a sufficient amount of broken things scattered over an area could easily simulate razored, but I'd rule that you need to spend your action spreading them before it was enough.

I'm now imagining a beast who uses a Sunforce spotlight with a disco ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
          Not to rain on any parades, but.. I dunno, would those work?

It has to mechanically match the environmental tilt, AND be an AoE or it wouldn't even qualify as an environmental tilt. I don't thing jars of bugs, especially fruitflies, would qualify. Some lair traits look easy from the name, but turn out a bit harder to get a full on Environmental Tilt out of.
          Well, RAW indicates sprinklers would suffice to activate Downpour, so by analogy some serious leeway in intensity is usually allowed between the Lair Trait and its equivalent environmental condition.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post
            Preparing a few areas for lair similarity is ideal, but being able to create similarity of at least some sort on the fly is a good deal. I think that a sufficient amount of broken things scattered over an area could easily simulate razored, but I'd rule that you need to spend your action spreading them before it was enough.

I'm now imagining a beast who uses a Sunforce spotlight with a disco ball.
            An action spent creating similarity with a Lair Trait with your gear or powers seems appropriate.

Comment

You'd probably need to check with your ST on how extreme it needs to be to qualify as resonant with a lair trait, I mean a broken bottle in a parking lot is probably not going to qualify for jagged.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                You'd probably need to check with your ST on how extreme it needs to be to qualify as resonant with a lair trait, I mean a broken bottle in a parking lot is probably not going to qualify for jagged.
                Probably not. On the other hand, an handful broken bottles or a broken glass window in a room would in all likelihood qualify for Jagged or Razored, and for the former so would qualify overturned and broken furniture.

Comment

Sorry to Necro, but Would dragging someone highup into the air with Wings of the Raptor be enough to Trigger Exposed?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                    Sorry to Necro, but Would dragging someone highup into the air with Wings of the Raptor be enough to Trigger Exposed?
                    Probably. Especially if there is inclement weather.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

The new Atavisms in BPG gave us a number of options for inflicting Traits, so it seems an appropriate time to revisit the thread.

Comment

Death of Light could trigger Poor Light and Darkness.

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
                        Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Comment

Plague Bearer can trigger diseased and the minor Version.
                          Storm-lashed can trigger Electrified, perhaps blizzard, downpour or hurricane.
                          Titanic blow could certainly trigger jagged, razoured or unstable.
                          Vengeful earth could potentially trigger crushing or engulfing?
                          Illusion of Safety could trigger No Exit at Low Satiety.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post
                            The new Atavisms in BPG gave us a number of options for inflicting Traits, so it seems an appropriate time to revisit the thread.
                            Indeed. In addition to and to build up on the ideas provided by Anteros and Wormwood (thanks to both), I'd say:
                            Caught in the Webs and Crushing Coils can trigger Crushing and Engulfing.
                            Death of Light is indeed custom-fitted to trigger Poor Light and Darkness.
                            The Low Satiety version of Illusion of Safety can trigger Sealed Exits.
                            Plague Bearer is custom-fitted to trigger Diseased (I'm not aware of any minor version of this Trait).
                            Vengeful Earth can trigger Unstable, its Low Satiety version is explictly told to cause Earthquake, and its Satiety Expenditure version can trigger Crushing and Engulfing.
                            Weakness Exposed can trigger Exposed (certainly the Satiety Expenditure version, potentially even the normal one).
                            Last edited by Irioth; 04-29-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irioth View Post
                              The Low Satiety version of Illusion of Safety can trigger Sealed Exits.
                              Plague Bearer is custom-fitted to trigger Diseased (I'm not aware of any minor version of this Trait).
                              Right, Sealed Exits, not No Exit was the name.
                              Infected is the minor version of Diseased imho, introduced as one of the new Lair Traits in the Player's Guide.
                              Good points, totally lost sight of the Earthquake Lair Trait. Could Titanic Blow on Satiety Expenditure also trigger that?

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
                                Infected is the minor version of Diseased imho, introduced as one of the new Lair Traits in the Player's Guide.
                                Yeah, I'd forgotten the BPG adds a few extra Lair Traits as well, sorry. You are totally spot-on about Infected. As it concerns the other new Traits, You Are Alone seems a natural trigger for Isolated. The right kind of sound effects being recorded and then played out at high volume or imitated with Siren's Treacherous Song may trigger Murmurs. No idea about how to trigger the other Traits, if any.

Good points, totally lost sight of the Earthquake Lair Trait. Could Titanic Blow on Satiety Expenditure also trigger that?
                                IMO, definitely yes. As you said, damage to nearby props may even trigger Jagged or Razored, although it depends on the right kind of stuff being around in the first place.
                                Last edited by Irioth; 04-29-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X