Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any anime/manga/light novel characters that could be beasts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any anime/manga/light novel characters that could be beasts?

I think guts from beserk? A predator Anakim with his SOUL being the beast of darkness/hellhound?

Check out The Devil is a Part-Timer. That one is pretty good Beast inspiration.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
    Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Off the top of my head:
      • Yuu from Owari no Seraph
      • Akria from Devilman Crybaby
      • Naruto and the rest of the jinchuuriki from Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden
      • Rin and Yukio Okumura from Blue Exorcist
      • Inuyasha from Inuyasha
      • Any of the Metal Vessel users from the Magi series
      • Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass, if you interpret his Geass as a Nightmare
      • Sebastian from Black Butler
      • The Ajin from Ajin: Demi-Human
      • Kaneki and the rest of the ghouls from Tokyo Ghoul, particularly Jason.
      EDIT:
      • Just the Persona anime (and games) in general.
      Last edited by ajf115; 03-05-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

What type of beast would Kaneki from Tokyo ghoul be?

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
          Check out The Devil is a Part-Timer. That one is pretty good Beast inspiration.
          you read the light novels? It does seem to be a comedic beast story

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            What type of beast would Kaneki from Tokyo ghoul be?
            I'd say an Eshmaki or possibly Namtaru Predator, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
              I'd say an Eshmaki or possibly Namtaru Predator, personally.
              Why is that and what type of beast would other Tokyo ghoul characters be?

Comment

you read the light novels? It does seem to be a comedic beast story
                I’ve read the first 7. I haven’t gotten ahold of 8 yet. I absolutely love them, though. I started with the anime, and my wife and I both thought it seemed like a good Beast story. I enjoyed the cartoon enough that I sought out the light novels, and I have no regrets. I haven’t read the mangas yet.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
                Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Seconding Persona series. Especially 5. Palaces and the ‘demonic’ Shadows you fight as boss battles are good inspiration for Lairs and Horrors.

(Persona 3 works for Geist inspiration. Persona 4, 1, and 2 aren’t so clear a fit, but you can get there.)
                  Last edited by 21C Hermit; 03-05-2018, 06:38 PM.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Why is that and what type of beast would other Tokyo ghoul characters be?
                    We had whole topic on the Tokyo Ghoul series as BtP inspiration - with characters Families, Hungers or Atavisms.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Also on the Inspiration thread but Neuro from Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro is defiantly more of a Beast than a Demon, am I right?

Comment

While a bit of a stretch in points, Overlord could serve with some ideas. Specifically, Sebas Tian, who has a Hunger for Punishment if the latest episode is anything to go by. While he is indeed going out of his way to teach (harsh) lessons, accepting that they might kill the learner, those seem to be disconnected from his Hunger, so not applicable.
                        His Atavisms would be Cyclopean Strength, Limb from Limb and Eye of Heaven, maybe Lightning Strike from what we've seen so far. I'd say he's probably a benevolent Anakim. His Horror is most likely his true form (he's some sort of Draconid, apparently). If his battle-aura is anything to go by, his Lair-traits would be ice-based. Pure WMG but could be Overgrowth and Extreme Cold.

Edit:
                        Naberal Gamma could be an Inguma Predator, her Horror a shapeshifting Doppelganger. Her Atavisms are Enemy Within, Alien Mindset, Lightning Strike and Storm-Lashed, possibly also Wings of the Raptor (to represent Fly).

Ainz is a Mage for sure, don't see a way to represent him as a Beast. Still, he'd be the Apex of Ainz Ool Gown.
                        Last edited by Wormwood; 03-10-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

It's less the 'Beast' aspect and more the feel of the thing, but I can't help but feel that HOMRA from K Project would make for a good example for a more casual Primordial Cult. Mikoto Suoh is the Beast, and the rest are pyrokinetic psychics of various brands that he's gathered to himself.

Comment

Or alternatively Guts from Berserk is a Hero hunting a Ugallu Tyrant Apex in the form of Griffith.

It also goes without saying that all the Apostles are Beasts, most of them being Namtaru and Eshmaki Predators. However the elite Apostles of the Neo Band of the Hawk are all Apexs (is that the plural for Apex?) gathered from around the world under Griffith's banner.

Zod and Grunbeld are Anakim Nemeses, considering they both see Guts as a worthy adversary and have a code of honor in battle.

Mr "One day I'll take your pretty head" Rakshas is definitely a Makara Whispers.

Comment

Ajin seems to be good inspiration

Comment

Working...
                              X