Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any anime/manga/light novel characters that could be beasts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corax View Post
    Or alternatively Guts from Berserk is a Hero hunting a Ugallu Tyrant Apex in the form of Griffith.

It also goes without saying that all the Apostles are Beasts, most of them being Namtaru and Eshmaki Predators. However the elite Apostles of the Neo Band of the Hawk are all Apexs (is that the plural for Apex?) gathered from around the world under Griffith's banner.

Zod and Grunbeld are Anakim Nemeses, considering they both see Guts as a worthy adversary and have a code of honor in battle.

Mr "One day I'll take your pretty head" Rakshas is definitely a Makara Whispers.
    Largely agreeing here, except Griffith seems like a poster child for an Incarnate, especially following the aptly-named Incarnation Ceremony. Emperor Ganishka tried going down the same path, except he botched it and became a Rampant instead. You may see the rest of the God Hand as either Unfettered that kept their minds, or Incarnates that prefer to roam the Primordial Dream all the time rather than coming back to the mundane world. In either case, they have Legendary Horror. Their M.O. seems most fitting for Enticers. Void seems more like an Anakim, Slan looks like a Makara, Conrad seems Namtaru, and Ubik is Eshmaki. The Skull Knight is a Hero that achieved the equivalent of Inversion for Heroes.
    Last edited by Irioth; 03-11-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irioth View Post

Largely agreeing here, except Griffith seems like a poster child for an Incarnate, especially following the aptly-named Incarnation Ceremony. Emperor Ganishka tried going down the same path, except he botched it and became a Rampant instead. You may see the rest of the God Hand as either Unfettered that kept their minds, or Incarnates that prefer to roam the Primordial Dream all the time rather than coming back to the mundane world. I either case, they have Legendary Horrors. Their M.O. seems most fitting for Enticers. Void seems more like an Anakim, Slan looks like a Makara, Conrad seems Namtaru, and Ubik is Eshmaki. The Skull Knight is a Hero that achieved the equivalent of Inversion for Heroes,
      ​Wouldn't inversion for a Hero be transforming into a Beast?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post

​Wouldn't inversion for a Hero be transforming into a Beast?
        I suppose so. If you think about it, it seems fitting for what the Skull Knight became, and the path Gatsu might be going down to, if he listens to the Hellhound. Anyway, the SK seems rather close to if not exactly the equal of the God Hand in terms of power. So I'd guess the power tier of the Berserk setting might go this way, in Begotten terms:
        Tier 4
        Idea of Evil avatar of the Dark Mother, or whatever Astral equivalent of the Ascended/Exarchs the Begotten may get.
        Tier 3.
        the God Hand, Griffith, Skull Knight, Emperor Ganishka various kinds of Inheritance Beasts. Griffith is the Incarnate Ugallu Tyrant poster child, the GD is a Brood of Enticer Incarnates or Unfettered of various Families that kept their mind, the Skull Knight is a Anakim Nemesis Incarnate or Rampant that kept his mind, Ganishka is a vanilla Merger Tyrant (family may vary between Anakim, Namtaru, and Ugallu).
        Tier 2
        Guts. He's either a high-powered Hero (with the Berserker Armor as an Artifact that is slowly turning him into a Beast) or a high-Lair Nemesis Beast (I'd guess Anakim or Makara).
        Tier 1
        The Apostles. Vanilla Beasts, the whole of them. All Families seem represented in their ranks, although Anakim, Namtaru, and Makara seem the most prevalent. Most of them look like Predators, Tyrants, or Ravagers.

Plus the witches, that are obviously Mages. Schierke made a Family Tie with Guts, and Flora had one with the Skull Knight. The rest of the human characters seem mortals, they are too helpless and useless to be anything else. Ivalera is probably a Goetia or Spirit that got bound to Schierke as a Familiar. I'm not sure what to make of Puck.
        Last edited by Irioth; 03-11-2018, 02:49 AM.

Comment

And the ritual of merged worlds brought about when the Skull Knight accidentally struck Ganishka instead of Femto is the Primordial Dream manifesting itself in the material world. The Sea God that Guts faced on the way to Elfhelm was an Unfettered Makara bought back into the material world.
          Last edited by Corax; 03-11-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corax View Post
            And the ritual of merged worlds brought about when the Skull Knight accidentally struck Ganishka instead of Femto is the Primordial Dream manifesting itself in the material world. The Sea God that Gut's faced on the way to Elfhelm was an Unfettered Makara bought back into the material world.
            Well, I'd say Fantasia is a fusion of the material world with a large portion of the 'public' layers of the Astral (Temenos, Primordial Dream, and Anima Mundi) as a whole, rather than just the PD, due to the manifestation of Falkovnia and various magical beings and phenomena that do not seem especially nightmarish, but yeah. And Griffith, as an high-powered Incarnate that probably has Legendary Horror, seems able to open temporary portals to yet other realms (such as the Underworld and the Shadow) and command the inhabitants thereof, such as when he causes the ghosts of Falkovnia's inhabitants' dead relatives to appear.

The deep layer of the Astral where the Idea of Evil resides was not included in the fusion. It seems an intersection of the Astral with the Underworld, since both godlike Goetia entities and hordes of restless dead exist there. Unless it is an intersection with the Abyss instead, and the IoE is an Annunaki pushing its way into the Tellurian and corrupting it with its notion of evil for evil's sake to explain suffering in the world. It might help explain the exceptionally crappy state of the Berserk world, even for CoD standards.
            Last edited by Irioth; 03-11-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

As far as I can tell, I didn't see anyone mentioning the Witch girls from PMMM. They succumbed to their worst nightmares ere saved by a female goddess figure, and can appear as normal humans or summon a terrifically powerful ephemeral avatar of their worst nightmares that also imposes a weird overlayed partition on reality around them, sometimes with things comparable to thralls and minions. Seems totally spot on to me.

(Caveat: "nightmare" should be taken as synonymous with "highly phantasmagoric and symbolic manifestation of rage, despair, spite, or whatever dragged up from, presumably, their subconscious" as even "dreams" and "nightmares" in the Beast parlance don't have a totally consistent definition)

Comment

Light Yagami from Death Note ? Ryuk is his Horror, he hungers for Punishment, L is a Hero, and those who follow Kira a Primordial Cult ?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrasalieth View Post
                  Light Yagami from Death Note ? Ryuk is his Horror, he hungers for Punishment, L is a Hero, and those who follow Kira a Primordial Cult ?
                  ​... Given the things he planned to do, I'd say he Hungers for Power instead of Punishment.

Comment

Makes sense. What Family would you picture him in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrasalieth View Post
                      Makes sense. What Family would you picture him in ?
                      Either an Ugallu or Eshmaki, personally

Comment

Goku from Dragonball Z as an Anakim Tyrant

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
                          Goku from Dragonball Z as an Anakim Tyrant
                          I'd say that Beerus ought to be one as well.

Comment

I feel like Beerus is more Anakim Hunger for Prey.

Comment

I’mm Surprised no one mentioned juji ito it is horrifying

Comment

True, but more Abyssal or Spiritual than Beastly

That or Blue Book weirdness for some of the rest, like Glycerin

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                                X