Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any anime/manga/light novel characters that could be beasts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any anime/manga/light novel characters that could be beasts?

I think guts from beserk? A predator Anakim with his SOUL being the beast of darkness/hellhound?

• Warpwind
    replied
    Nurarihion No Mago
    Eshmaki Tirant with dominating From The Shadows atavism. Pretty much a perfect fit for the Beast.

Aiki
    Anakim tirant relying on Nightmares instead of atavisms.

Naruto
    There was a girl from Kurama clan. Basically a Beast, starved insensate.

why not include other media?
    Last edited by Warpwind; 04-20-2018, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    Kurosaki Ichigo
    Inguma Tyrant
    Lightning Strike, skin deep (vizored/hollow-form), Storm-Lashed (swordbeams/getsuga tensho), alien mindset (hard-headedness, lateral thinking), Mimir's wisdom ('Zangetsu' dispensing advice), relentless hunter (obviously). Possibly monster from the deep as the hollow-form's fighting style. Unbreakable for Blut Vene.
    Inguma because he is somehow similar and connected to soul society, the hollows, the quincy, but always somehow fundamentally wrong, and is always the Outsider coming in. His Horror is Zangetsu/Shirosaki
    could be enabler rather than tyrant, change people's way of live after all.

Naruto Uzumaki
    Namtaru Ravager Or Inguma Ravager
    Again, Outsider, people hate what he represents/are disgusted by his existence.
    He wants to become their ruler, but the horror's (original) desire is destruction.
    Relentless Hunter, Limb from limb (rasengan+derivatives), Skin deep (kyuubi mode), monster from the deep (kyuubi-chakra-arms, sage - Mode kata). Horrorspawn for kagebunshin, I guess.
    Horror is Kyuubi, ofc.

Demiurge
    Namtaru Tyrant, with Skin deep (growing wings, feog-face), Wings of the raptor, breath of fire, unbreakable, shadowed soul, from the shadows, Mimir's wisdom and eye of heaven
    Nightmare: you are outmatched, you must obey.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    Sasuke works best as a hero I guess, but the Sasuke with Fuin works as a beast for fun - Inguma Nemesis, with Skin Deep (those marks, sharingan, those weird hand-wings, and long fingernails), Eye of Heaven (sharingan), alien mindset (no one understands his thought processes, and he can switch back and forth between destroy konoha, become their boss, kill my brother, avenge my brother...) Limb from Limb (Chidori) and Weakness Exposed (Sharingan). Nightmares to resemble illusion jutsu.

Overlord's Entoma is a Namtaru Predator, with Unbreakable, Skin deep, limb from limb and Vengeful Earth refluffed to resemble insects.

Leave a comment:

• Mangaholic13
    replied
    Another suggestion: Toriko!

Think about it... Much of the series deals with Hunger and how it can affect people. And tell me intimidation doesn't seem a lot like Behold, My True Form!
    Last edited by Mangaholic13; 03-22-2018, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    Gaara certainly makes for a fitting Beast. Hunger: Predator, imo.
    Family: hm, not so sure, but tending towards Anakim.
    Atavisms: Unbreakable, Storm-Lashed (refluffed to using Sand instead of Lightning), Vengeful Earth and Skin Deep.
    Nightmares: Behold, my True Form, and You are Worthless.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post

​Another good point... Though something like that happening (where a Horror is transferred from a Beast to a person) could make an interesting story...
    I'm thinking maybe an Obcasus Rite or other magic that allows the creation of 'artificial' Beasts by binding Unfettered into a person. It's a rather anime-ish idea actually. I'm not so sure about 'transplanting' actual Horrors, although that would certainly, as you say, make for an excellent plot.

Leave a comment:

• Mangaholic13
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

Point. They're also a bit too separate from the Jinchuuriki.
    ​Another good point... Though something like that happening (where a Horror is transferred from a Beast to a person) could make an interesting story...

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post

​Though their Horrors have a lot less animalistic.
    Point. They're also a bit too separate from the Jinchuuriki.

Leave a comment:

• Mangaholic13
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    You could make an argument that the Jinchuuriki from Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden (cursedbeitsname) could be Beasts.
    ​Though their Horrors have a lot less animalistic.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    You could make an argument that the Jinchuuriki from Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden (cursedbeitsname) could be Beasts.

Leave a comment:

• Teatime
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post
    Yup, got you the first time. The blue-book Horrors that just happen and nobody knows why, no splats or big powers involved.
    From a different perspective: I always saw playable splats as Horrors with more wordcount.

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    What junji ito stories would be what and I think toimie to be a very old deva
    The funny thing about Tomie is that players familiar with the Chronicles of Darkness might assume she's a Galatean Promethean and try to act accordingly, only to realize that they made a big mistake. Aside from that, Junji Ito is full of Abyssal goodness.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    What junji ito stories would be what and I think toimie to be a very old deva

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Just a clarification. Not just talking about GM stuff. I'm talking things like the Horrors, where even the supernaturals have no idea how it fits in to anything and Mages start salivating
    Yup, got you the first time. The blue-book Horrors that just happen and nobody knows why, no splats or big powers involved. But I'm in my phone and can't write detailed answers, so apologies if I gave the wrong impression.

Still agree with everything you said

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Just a clarification. Not just talking about GM stuff. I'm talking things like the Horrors, where even the supernaturals have no idea how it fits in to anything and Mages start salivating

Leave a comment:

Working...
X