Beasts and Demons as Demons and Devils

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beasts and Demons as Demons and Devils

I've got Hell on the brain and I've been wondering: with Beasts sharing a lot of similarities with Pandemonium from Mage, could it be possible to portray them as demons? If so, what do you call the Demons from DtD? What would a chronicle look like where two sides think they're demons, but can't comprehend each other?

Is it worth trying, or would it become too convoluted?

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
    WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
    and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

You totally could play it that way! If you did, I would just stick with the word "Unchained" for Demons.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      You totally could play it that way! If you did, I would just stick with the word "Unchained" for Demons.
      That's fair. Also pondered using suggestions from the DtD Translation guide, perhaps explaining the relationship between the two groups.

and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

That said, how should we rationalize Heroes?

Comment

Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
          That said, how should we rationalize Heroes?
          People sent on some kind of 'divine mission' (or what they believe is one) to rid the world of demonic creatures, ala TheKingsRaven's Judges?
          Last edited by ajf115; 03-11-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
            People sent on some kind of 'divine mission' (or what they believe is one) to rid the world of demonic creatures, ala TheKingsRaven's Judges?
            TKR's Judges?

Comment

Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post

TKR's Judges?
              He made a minor splat called Judges which were semi-related to Leviathan. I think they're in the GDrive folder he set up for Leviathan. They're basically people sent on a literal holy mission, and they have powers very much like Heroes - I think they're called Vestments. The only difference I can recall is that there are Greater and Lesser Vestments.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                He made a minor splat called Judges which were semi-related to Leviathan. I think they're in the GDrive folder he set up for Leviathan. They're basically people sent on a literal holy mission, and they have powers very much like Heroes - I think they're called Vestments. The only difference I can recall is that there are Greater and Lesser Vestments.
                The powers are called Verdicts. Vestments are the "supernatural tolerance" equivalent. That was one of my contributions to the project which I'm proud of :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                  The powers are called Verdicts. Vestments are the "supernatural tolerance" equivalent. That was one of my contributions to the project which I'm proud of :P
                  Ah, my mistake. I haven't read it in a while.

Comment

I’m pretty sure there was something here that reskinned Beasts as Infernal creatures...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                      I’m pretty sure there was something here that reskinned Beasts as Infernal creatures...
                      Would you even need to reskin though? Beasts have been portrayed as taking the form of non-Abrahamic gods before. In Christian literature, both biblical and later stuff like Dante and Milton, that basically make them Demons.

... and now I'm going to have to go reread the Divine Comedy. Again.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        Would you even need to reskin though? Beasts have been portrayed as taking the form of non-Abrahamic gods before. In Christian literature, both biblical and later stuff like Dante and Milton, that basically make them Demons.

... and now I'm going to have to go reread the Divine Comedy. Again.
                        The reskinning back then was to align it with Inferno, as in the 1E book. Not to shoehorn it into Christianity. But point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                          Same OP.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

* dope slaps self

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                              Holy shit. I completely forgot that one. O_o

Comment

Working...
                              X