Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beasts and Demons as Demons and Devils

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thinking about new Hungers added in Beast Player's Guide - I got enlightened that Beasts can really works as Judeochristian Demons, split over Seven Deadly Sin they work into, under Hungers umbrella.
    • Hunger for Prey - Gluttony
    • Hunger for Power - Pride
    • Hunger for Punishment - Wrath
    • Hunger for Ruin - Envy
    • Hunger for Hoard - Greed
    • Hunger for Secrets - Sloth
    • Hunger for Transgression - Lust
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-13-2018, 09:43 AM.


    My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

    Comment


    • #32
      Really, all you need to hack in the game is that Horrors talk to one another ( to have hierarchy) and each Hunger call their Demon Princes leaders - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classi...ns?wprov=sfla1

      Lairs are already miniHell realms. That means that Primordial Dream IS the Hell. The only piece that do not works fully is Dark Mother mythos - but then, you can remake here as first Demon in Bible - i. e. Lilith, first Adam's wife.


      My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

      Comment


      • #33
        Most of those seem reasonable, but I'm not sure how Sloth fits with Whispers. Could you elaborate, please?


        A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          Most of those seem reasonable, but I'm not sure how Sloth fits with Whispers. Could you elaborate, please?
          Sloth is about being 'non-active', yes? So if Whisper knows you do something - he just do not do anything with it. He simply knows it. Even blackmailing victim is 'only' interacting with it's social status - it's not something 'true' and 'primal' as being Prey or making 'Sin' (transgression ) against your souls morality.


          My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

            Sloth is about being 'non-active', yes? So if Whisper knows you do something - he just do not do anything with it. He simply knows it. Even blackmailing victim is 'only' interacting with it's social status - it's not something 'true' and 'primal' as being Prey or making 'Sin' (transgression ) against your souls morality.
            Sloth in the traditional sense is about doing things without bothering to question the implications of your actions. It's more moral cowardice than just tiredness. It's the office-worker who turns a blind eye to her boss's number-fudging because it's too much of a hassle to report him. Its an attorney who turns down an innocent man's plea for representation because the case is too difficult. Its the soldier who fires on an innocent civilian not out of anger or bloodlust, but because questioning orders means he has to take responsibility for his own actions again. That is why Sloth is a deadly sin.

            Although, the modern conception could support one connection between Whispers and Sloth: they destroy complacency. People assume that their shameful past is buried deep enough and they no longer have to worry about it. They get sloppy and that's when the Whisper strikes.

            EDIT: Looking back, why is Punishment connected to Envy? I could actually see switching the Punishment and Ruin sins with the following logic. Punishment is connected to Wrath because its letting your emotions get the best of you and taking justice into your own hands. A Beast is never punishing you as a proper enforcer of justice, they're punishing you for breaking their rules. Ruin is connected to Envy because Ravager Horrors (especially in this Demon hack) cannot build anything truly long-lasting, they can only destroy and build tools of destruction, and they destroy because they envy the ability to create.
            Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 04-07-2018, 06:09 PM.


            A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
              EDIT: Looking back, why is Punishment connected to Envy? I could actually see switching the Punishment and Ruin sins with the following logic. Punishment is connected to Wrath because its letting your emotions get the best of you and taking justice into your own hands. A Beast is never punishing you as a proper enforcer of justice, they're punishing you for breaking their rules. Ruin is connected to Envy because Ravager Horrors (especially in this Demon hack) cannot build anything truly long-lasting, they can only destroy and build tools of destruction, and they destroy because they envy the ability to create.
              Schadenfreude?


              nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
              WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
              and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post

                Schadenfreude?

                Schadenfreude is happiness at another's misfortune, not envying it.


                A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                Comment


                • #38
                  Almost any hunger fits Sloth, as Sloth is an attempted translation of Acedia, which can refer to idleness, despair, suicide, negligence, self pity, etc. any of which can be the consequence of a Beest attack.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I re-ordered Hungers & Sins list based on comments...
                    • Hunger for Prey - Gluttony
                    • Hunger for Power - Pride
                    • Hunger for Punishment - Wrath
                    • Hunger for Ruin - Envy
                    • Hunger for Hoard - Greed
                    • Hunger for Secrets - Sloth
                    • Hunger for Transgression - Lust
                    Reading more Beast Players Guide I see more and more Begotten as Judeochristian demons. One of the Obcasus Rites is literally sacrificing human for the favor of Dark Mother in their special Temple...


                    My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post


                      Schadenfreude is happiness at another's misfortune, not envying it.
                      Ah, but Envy is also the expression of spite. Destroying the happiness someone clearly has, but which you do not. Acquiring the greenest lawn by salting everyone else's. "If I can't have it, no one can." Schadenfreude comes as a byproduct of acting out one's vice of Envy to bring about misery.
                      Last edited by MrParaduo; 04-13-2018, 10:04 AM.


                      nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
                      WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
                      and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                        Ah, but Envy is also the expression of spite. Destroying the happiness someone clearly has, but which you do not. Acquiring the greenest lawn by salting everyone else's. "If I can't have it, no one can."

                        That still sounds more like Ruin than Punishment


                        A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post


                          That still sounds more like Ruin than Punishment
                          It is, but then again, Envy loves to judge others as unworthy of their happiness.

                          Edit: In fairness, you could argue that each Hunger can be presented by more than one of the Sins. Perhaps 2 Sins per?
                          Last edited by MrParaduo; 04-13-2018, 10:09 AM.


                          nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
                          WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
                          and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                            It is, but then again, Envy loves to judge others as unworthy of their happiness.

                            Yeah, but Wrath latches on to you by springing forth from anger, even sometimes justified anger, and then taking it too far while saying they either don't care or the victims deserved it.


                            A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sy, made a last minute edit.

                              Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                              Edit: In fairness, you could argue that each Hunger can be presented by more than one of the Sins. Perhaps 2 Sins per?



                              nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
                              WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
                              and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X