Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    * dope slaps self

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    I’m pretty sure there was something here that reskinned Beasts as Infernal creatures...
    Same OP.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Would you even need to reskin though? Beasts have been portrayed as taking the form of non-Abrahamic gods before. In Christian literature, both biblical and later stuff like Dante and Milton, that basically make them Demons.

... and now I'm going to have to go reread the Divine Comedy. Again.
    The reskinning back then was to align it with Inferno, as in the 1E book. Not to shoehorn it into Christianity. But point taken.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    I’m pretty sure there was something here that reskinned Beasts as Infernal creatures...
    Would you even need to reskin though? Beasts have been portrayed as taking the form of non-Abrahamic gods before. In Christian literature, both biblical and later stuff like Dante and Milton, that basically make them Demons.

... and now I'm going to have to go reread the Divine Comedy. Again.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    The powers are called Verdicts. Vestments are the "supernatural tolerance" equivalent. That was one of my contributions to the project which I'm proud of :P
    Ah, my mistake. I haven't read it in a while.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    He made a minor splat called Judges which were semi-related to Leviathan. I think they're in the GDrive folder he set up for Leviathan. They're basically people sent on a literal holy mission, and they have powers very much like Heroes - I think they're called Vestments. The only difference I can recall is that there are Greater and Lesser Vestments.
    The powers are called Verdicts. Vestments are the "supernatural tolerance" equivalent. That was one of my contributions to the project which I'm proud of :P

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post

TKR's Judges?
    He made a minor splat called Judges which were semi-related to Leviathan. I think they're in the GDrive folder he set up for Leviathan. They're basically people sent on a literal holy mission, and they have powers very much like Heroes - I think they're called Vestments. The only difference I can recall is that there are Greater and Lesser Vestments.

Leave a comment:

• MrParaduo
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    People sent on some kind of 'divine mission' (or what they believe is one) to rid the world of demonic creatures, ala TheKingsRaven's Judges?
    TKR's Judges?

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
    That said, how should we rationalize Heroes?
    People sent on some kind of 'divine mission' (or what they believe is one) to rid the world of demonic creatures, ala TheKingsRaven's Judges?
    Last edited by ajf115; 03-11-2018, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrParaduo
    replied
    That said, how should we rationalize Heroes?

Leave a comment:

• MrParaduo
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    You totally could play it that way! If you did, I would just stick with the word "Unchained" for Demons.
    That's fair. Also pondered using suggestions from the DtD Translation guide, perhaps explaining the relationship between the two groups.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    You totally could play it that way! If you did, I would just stick with the word "Unchained" for Demons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X