No announcement yet.

Kinship Horrors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enought of vampires - Do for me werewolves based on Auspice and Tribes!

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Werewolves are sexy. They carry an air of virility, exude a sense of being alive, and that's attractive.
      Werewolves are cool. They are strong, and can be lone wolf or teamplayer, but most importantly, they are powerful and dominant, and that's attractive.
      We humans want these things for ourselves, but what people don't realize is what becoming 'the cool kid' can do to you.

Wolfman
      Inguma Enticer
      We all want success for our children, but some people want it a little bit too much.

Cue the Wolfman. This Coach is the absolute go-to if you want your kid to reach the olympics. He's weird, but good at what he does.
      Occassionaly, the children themselves don't love the sport quite as much, but participate out of a sense of duty or love for their parents. Those, however, don't realize they're essentially living their own dreams through their kids, rather than letting the kid become their own person. Pushing, egging, never satisfied. Those parents are his prey. He supports the parents in their beliefs, gets the most out of the children (at whatever cost necessary), and layers the parents with praise for "not giving up", "being able to hold a hard line" and might even go so far as to threaten that "the kids will never forgive you once they're adults for pulling them out now, right before they make it big" or how it would be a shame if they did not keep going.
      Most parents don't manage a year before they pull their kids out - 'burnout' is a common phrase. 'Hospitalized' is another.
      The one's at fault? Why, it is the parents' task to look after their kids, is it not? And they instead pushed their children into this.
      In any case, the Coach feels his work is done when the parents re-evaluated their ideals for their children. "I want my child to be happy and healthy" is a much better ideal than "I want them to be successful", in his opinion. And in case that doesn't work - cementing his dominance can work, too. He knew how to satisfy the Wolfman with that in a pinch.

Nightmares: They do not love you, They are all around you, Doing it Twice (Checking it twice Changeling Kindship Nightmare slightly refluffed), You cannot stop!
      Atavisms: Alien Allure, Alien Mindset, Cyclopean Strength, Terror's Friend.

Comment

Wormwood, I still miss Wolfman's Lair and Horror descriptions. I;m especially interested how Inguma Horror would look like for the werewolves. Lair Traits would be added greatness.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
          Werewolves are sexy. They carry an air of virility, exude a sense of being alive, and that's attractive.
          Werewolves are cool. They are strong, and can be lone wolf or teamplayer, but most importantly, they are powerful and dominant, and that's attractive.
          We humans want these things for ourselves, but what people don't realize is what becoming 'the cool kid' can do to you.
          Huh. That's a very Teen Wolf interpretation. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
            Huh. That's a very Teen Wolf interpretation. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.
            Yup, that it is. I guess. Never seen Teen Wolf. But fits very much with the whole "Mystery Romance" genre. I wrote that up because I was taking Wolfman somewhere else at first.

wyrdhamster

Good point.The Horror: Human, yes, but the skin is stretched, and ripped in places, where strands of black or grey fur creep out. The humanoid has entirely too long and thick nails, and for the face, take Wolverine and add in some mighty lower canines. The eyes are a brownish-golden colour.
            It represents how human society covers a beastial nature.

So let's see what Lair Traits might fit. My first thought regarding the Lair was this:
            So let's go Hammer with the Lair, and make it a foggy forest. Traits: Fog, Undergrowth, Poor Light. Let's throw in the Major Lair Trait Disruption: torches and pitforks for the mob is a-okay, but nothing complex (no automatic guns). Should get the right feel across.
            Instead, though, since this is an Inguma we're talking, you might want to take a back-alley filled with trash, the kind of place you see hobbo's inhabit in movies. Lair Traits: Poor Light, Maze, Stench, Diseased. Might fit better with the 'Dark Side of Society' theme we got going here.

Comment

Howsabout a ‘mummy’ or ‘Sin-Eater’ Beast lookalike?

Comment

Alright, let's see....
                first another Wolf. Let's pick up those three lines I threw out there that got ajf115 thinking about Teen Wolf, shall we?

The Famous Wolf, Anakim Tyrant
                Marcel was a pretty unimpressive guy, all things considered - average in sports, slightly nerdy, considered to be a bit of a creep by girls. 'Typical' adolescent (as far as movies go, at least), all in all, except that he is pretty kind-hearted and helpful.
                When the giant Wolf came, all of this changed. Now, he is a star, an icon of raw power, the hope of his football team despite his slender build, acing each test and impressing people with his team leading skills. Sure, people are a bit creeped out, and occasionally he gets all menacing, like when he put his former bullies into place publicly. But all in all, isn't it just impressive how he improved? Even the girls like him, now.
                As he doesn't know what to do after school yet, or how he'll be able to feed once he finishes school, he's making the most of it now.
                As far as others can tell, he leads a stellar life.
                The problem? Marcel hates this new life, he hates the attention, he hates having to dominate others, even though at the same time he loves the rush it gives him and the sensation of being in power, in control. He cannot unsee the sort of guy he used to be - and know how he'd have thought about himself today. Even worse, he knows how the new him would treat the old him.
                This frustration builds up, and at some points, he simply looses it and starts thrashing everything in sight.

Horror: Fenriswolf
                Atavisms: Cyclopean Strenght, Mimir's Wisdom, Terror's Friend, Looming Presence, Alien Allure, Relentless Hunter
                Nightmares: This is Due Tomorrow, You Must Obey, Behold My True Form, All Your Teeth Are Falling Out

Lair: An Icy Wasteland with storms raging horribly and howling winds.
                Traits: Freezing Cold, Blizzard, Hurricane, Unstable(, Slick & Thunderous)

Demigod Beast And for a Mummy...

The Jackal, Talassii Nemesis

People can be bound by many things. Religion can be an enourmously powerful tool in the right hands. Few wield it as effectively as Mummies, but even those powerful and cunning beings can do with another set of hands. Some can even tolerate if their right-hand man is respected by the other cult members. Enter The Jackal.
                Once he was introduced to the Cult, he took the position of lieutenant to the Mummy, making sure no one escapes the cult, and that those who do serve as a reminder to the rest of why that is not a good idea. Of course, the worst sin would be to steal the Relics, which allows the Jackal to punish most severely.
                The Cult grows prodigiously, and the Arisen is pleased, looking for a way to ensure that this servant will last longer than a normal human lifetime, supporting them against Hunters and Heroes and egging them on to increase their power. They don't fear the Jackal trying to overthrow them, and albeit they are right, they think so for the wrong reasons.
                It would never compare to the Mummy themselves, true, but with their knowledge, skill and influence, it would be easy to yank away the cult and leave them open to their enemies.
                No, they have nothing to worry about because to the Beast, they are Family who keeps them well-fed, offers protection, and most importantly, a lesson to teach.

Horror: Anubis-look-alike. Jackal-headed Humanoid.
                Atavisms: Alien Mindset, Crushing Coils, Illusion of Safety, Vengeful Earth, Eye of Heaven
                Nightmares: Everything you know is a lie, Family is Forever, You Have Foreseen this, You cannot Wake up, You Cannot Run, You Deserve this, You Must Obey, Tabula Rasa.
                Lair: A dark, dusty tomb.
                Traits: Darkness, Thin Air, Toxic, Disruption (nothing more advanced than ancient egyptian technology), Sealed Exits(, Cramped, Maze)
                You may or may not want to excanche Toxic for Crushing, in case you're more a fan of collapsing tombs =D

Another Mummy one, going for the high-power-tier concept that often comes with Mummy:

The Scarab, Namtaru Ravager
                Egyptians considered the Scarab a holy symbol, a symbol of immortality.
                The Scarab is fittingly ancient. Many a Hero tried to kill her, but no-one seems able to put her down for good.
                She is good at two things only, but at those two, she utterly excells: Not Dying, and causing extreme havoc and panics. No matter how advanced, humanity is still victim to the forces of nature.
                Nothing has really changed since before the stone age: humans still seek shelter from the elements, lest they fall victim to them. The Scarab simply reminds them of this fact, often by taking the shelter away, sometimes by bringing the elements into their home.
                Earthquakes, huge storms, mass hysteria and panic, plague outbreaks of biblical proportions - you name it, she did it.
                She has Chambers all over the world, because staying in one city too long might be the death of that city, and then there would be no lesson learned. This means that while she might be in Astana, Kazakstan today, she may well be in Boston, Massachusetts tomorrow.

Atavisms: Relentless Hunter, Unbreakable, Infestation, Smashing Currents, Shadowed Soul, Looming Presence, Skin Deep, Plague-Bearer, Titanic Blow, Storm-Lashed, Death of Light
                Nightmares: Fear is contagious, The Water won't last forever, You are one of us, Your Struggle won't matter, Your Tools Betray you, Your rage consumes you, You are better than them.
                Birthrights: Original Namtaru Birthright, "Show them my Horror" Birthright, Anakim Health Buff Birthright.
                Lair: A raging storm in the desert
                Lair Traits: Extreme Heat, Electrified, Hurricane, Poor Light, Decayed, Jagged, Unstable

Comment

Howsabout a Beast centered around Kinship with Prometheans?

Comment

Fenrir should be Ruin, just noting.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                    Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Fenrir should be Ruin, just noting.

But Tyrant fits so well with the rest of the concept (I think it's Werewolf as "alpha") that I think it might be better to remove the reference to Fenrir.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Master Aquatosic ArcaneArts I think I'll have to agree with the both of you.
                        Let's just call it the Alpha Wolf instead (although that particular scientific concept has been loooong since overthrown, but it's got such nice symbolic value it managed to live on).

Fenris will have to be used another time. Anakim Ravager sounds good, indeed. Hm... Makara's Maw Atavism, Cyclopean Strength, Limb from Limb and Looming Presence? Oh, and Eye of Heaven - he wasn't going to be bound by anyone that wouldn't keep a promise after all, and knew Tyr was honourable. On the other hand, fell for it, so couldn't have Mimir's.

Let's go an make him a punk - 80's movie style, you know? The 'break stuff for fun' adolescents, criminal, disrespecting authority. Outsider.

Comment

It may have been disproved on a scientific level, but a large part of the world still believes it, thus it almost definitely lives on in the Primordial Dream.

EDIT: Never mind, you already said this.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
                            Master Aquatosic ArcaneArts I think I'll have to agree with the both of you.
                            Let's just call it the Alpha Wolf instead (although that particular scientific concept has been loooong since overthrown, but it's got such nice symbolic value it managed to live on).

Fenris will have to be used another time. Anakim Ravager sounds good, indeed. Hm... Makara's Maw Atavism, Cyclopean Strength, Limb from Limb and Looming Presence? Oh, and Eye of Heaven - he wasn't going to be bound by anyone that wouldn't keep a promise after all, and knew Tyr was honourable. On the other hand, fell for it, so couldn't have Mimir's.

Let's go an make him a punk - 80's movie style, you know? The 'break stuff for fun' adolescents, criminal, disrespecting authority. Outsider.
                            If Robin from Bigger Bites had a concept on a character sheet, it would have been "Theater Punk", so I'm down for it.

By the way, Robin's Horror from Bigger Bites was supposed to be Fenrir. The waters in the tunnel was the River named Expectation. So you know.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                            Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

Hey all! Sorry for being quiet. Been a bit busy. I really love all the stuff people have been posting! Here's a quick idea for the werewolf crowd...

The Berserker, Anakim Enabler (I really like the idea of Giant's tempting people...)

Horror: An immense warrior, covered in leather armor and animal skins of ancient design. Animal features seem to burst forth from its skin; antlers crown its head, savage teeth jut from its jaw and its hands end in wicked claws.
                              Hunger: The Berserker seeks to tempt its victims into rage. Not cold anger or righteous fury, but a bloody and primal rage that bubbles in the blood and clouds the mind. It feeds off their realization, when the blood haze subsides and they see the damage they've done, of just how dangerous losing control can be...
                              Atavisms: Cyclopean Strength, Limb From Limb, Looming Presence, Mimir's Wisdom
                              Nightmares: Behold, My True Form!, You Deserve This, You're One of Us
                              Birthright: The blood-tasting one.
                              Lair: An ancient arena, with a blood-soaked dirt floor surrounded by stone bleachers.
                              Lair traits: Murmurs, Slick (from blood), Exposed, Echoing

Comment

Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
                                The Berserker, Anakim Enabler (I really like the idea of Giant's tempting people...)
                                When I read the title, I immediately thought of this guy

from Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.

Comment

Working...
                                X